What's the Average Age of an Insurance Sales Person?

I began selling life and health insurance at 24, I am now 51 and about to exit the business.

IMHO, It has NOT changed for the better.

Before the Great Recession My income was $15,000 a month mainly in small to mid size groups. Today after the Recession and the PPACA, my commissions are less than $1,000 a month.

Commissions have also dropped to unacceptable levels, Finally I will never sell another individual policy and won't sell any United Healthcare product.

I have a buddy that is a health guy that has a good sized BoB. It seems to me you guys are sitting on piles of gold in those files. I asked him once to let me cherry pick though them and he did not want anyone in them. So instead of 50% of something he is keeping 100% of nothing because they are not being worked for life insurance.

Health insurance is SUCH a nightmare these days. Stay away! I've been selling for 30 years and have written a TON of health business in my earlier years. You literally couldn't pay me enough to mess with health anymore these days and in this mess of a health market. My hat's truly off to you, if you're doing it successfully in 2014.

Health insurance is SUCH a nightmare these days. Stay away! I've been selling for 30 years and have written a TON of health business in my earlier years. You literally couldn't pay me enough to mess with health anymore these days and in this mess of a health market. My hat's truly off to you, if you're doing it successfully in 2014.

I know its now as easy as it looks like but with commitment I am making it work.

What line of insurance are you suggesting?

Supplemental health market is still good..

Back