What's the best way to find life ins. prospect?

A

arcangel

Hi everyone. I'm a new ins. agent. I'm looking for some comments and opinions on how to find prospects for life ins. Would it be door to door or buying leads? I personally doesn't like doing door to door. Already checked on the online for leads, most of them aren't promising...Are there any other ways to get prospects besides door to door, buying leads, passing business, and referrals? Thanks

Pick up the phone and start calling people and businesses who are not on the DNC list or sell mattresses.

Hi everyone. I'm a new ins. agent. I'm looking for some comments and opinions on how to find prospects for life ins. Would it be door to door or buying leads? I personally doesn't like doing door to door. Already checked on the online for leads, most of them aren't promising...Are there any other ways to get prospects besides door to door, buying leads, passing business, and referrals? Thanks

Yea, make a sign that says, "will sell insurance for a meal" and stand out on a busy street, preferably with a cigarrette hanging out of you mouth and in old cloths sitting on a dufflebag and skip going to the barbershop and the shower/bathing thing. :D

Works like a charm! Well looking at your list of things you don't like and rather not do I suppose you could call them on the telephone instead of knocking on their doors?

You could always go into all of the funeral homes and place your card between the fingers of the person in the casket - sometimes shock value has its merits! Just an idea :idea: .

You could always go into all of the funeral homes and place your card between the fingers of the person in the casket - sometimes shock value has its merits! Just an idea :idea: .
Hey! Stay off my turf!

But I can make a funeral preplanner out of you if you want.

Sorry Newby - I forgot you were acquainted with the dearly departed and those that will someday be. I hope the living would rather speak with an insurance agent vs. a mortician!

By the way, I'm a Hoosier by birth - born and raised in Northern IN, right on Lake Michigan. Michigan City to be exact.

Last edited:
Prospect using three questions.

When will you die?

How much insurance will you need the day before you die?

Should I call you then or would you rather handle it now?

It would be nice if you can sell life insurance to a person in a casket, he or she can not slam the door or phone on you... Maybe we sell them spirit life insurance.

Back