Whole Life

What is a good fully underwritten WL product for younger folks? 20s 30s and 40s?

Lafayette also has so great fully underwritten WL that has a lot of rider options and pays dividends. Premiums are a little higher than RNA but in the long run the dividends should make that difference up. Commissions are better too.

Other choices are Ohio National, Illinois Mutual, Motorist, there are a bunch of them.

Lots like RNA's Essential Life product.

A level DB non-par WL is hardly the best product for a young prospect imo.
Inflation will eat the policy alive.

RNA's WL is basically just a glorified FE policy.

----------

Penn, Mass Mutual, & Ohio National have the top Par-WL products on the market right now. (you can contract direct with all of them)

A young prospect needs an increasing DB to keep up with inflation over the next 40/50/60 years.

The answer here really depends on intended purpose and death benefit amounts.

For example, if this is just for death benefit (and I have a sneaking suspicion that it is) then some of the lowest priced par whole life contracts will come from Guardian, MetLife and Ohio National. Lafayette Life has a product that might compete price wise as well--though it's Lafayette Life so trade carefully.

If you're writing death benefits below $50,000 Ohio National tends to be a tad pricey, Guardian is super competitive, but MassMutual can sometimes pull an upset if the PI is healthy. Met is also really competitive here and will go all the way down to $10,000. The only other carrier that will entertain a below $25,000 death benefit is Lafayette Life (actually New York Life will do it, but the premium will not exceed the minimum you'd need it to to broker the product in that case).

$50,000 to $250,000 can be an Ohio National sweet spot since their paid up at age 120 product is available to everyone within this range, whereas Guardian and MetLife require a $250,000 death benefit minimum (Guardian will drop this minimum to $100,000 if the PI is 50+).

If you want shorter pay products Guardian, MassMutual, and MetLife have the most comprehensive portfolios. With Ohio National coming in behind them but ramped up this year with the introduction of their 10 Pay.

If you want to completely flip the tables and talk about whole life for cash accumulation purposes/retirement income planning, Penn Mutual and MassMutual all day long.

That you can write? Or in general.

Primarily I use Guardian. Solid company that really doesn't need to have microscopic hairs split on a future "projection". At a certain level it is kinda silly to claim A is better than B, when in reality BOTH A and B are excellent quality. Find some good companies to represent for WL and simply tell the client there are several VERY GOOD to EXCELLENT companies, even name some competitors to what I offer and then say here are the one(s) I represent because they allow independents to write business with them. You'd be surprised how well that works.

Back