WL Vs UL?

I Primarily sell Whole life for FE.
So I completely understand that part of whole life.
But what's is the big draw in selling UL vs WL for fully underwritten?

Amber

Who would you be marketing to? I have a lot of the same questions and interest, but only for FE/legacy type planning for higher income and more sophisticated buyers. Have no interest in marketing to anyone under 50.

Good example: a family friend was retiring and asked if I could do a $100k whole life policy with LTC riders, as recommended by her financial advisor. Had to pass as it was out of my wheelhouse at the time.

Who would you be marketing to? I have a lot of the same questions and interest, but only for FE/legacy type planning for higher income and more sophisticated buyers. Have no interest in marketing to anyone under 50.

Good example: a family friend was retiring and asked if I could do a $100k whole life policy with LTC riders, as recommended by her financial advisor. Had to pass as it was out of my wheelhouse at the time.

I was thinking of under 50, since I dabbled in it years ago. But now wondering if even worth it and do what your thinking, stay with 50 plus, which Im most used to. Plus 50 and under are harder to get a hold of, since they all still work, Id have to work more evenings.
I think we are in the same boat and have same plan :)

Man you should have called someone. There's OneAmerica, Mass, and LFG in that market so not a ton of competition. It probably would have been a $5-8,000 commision.

I was thinking of under 50, since I dabbled in it years ago. But now wondering if even worth it and do what your thinking, stay with 50 plus, which Im most used to. Plus 50 and under are harder to get a hold of, since they all still work, Id have to work more evenings.
I think we are in the same boat and have same plan :)

Follow the money. The money is in 50 plus clients. . However, the future money and business is in younger clients.

Work intergenerationally.

Have a younger family? Get introduced to their parents... and (get this), for a married couple, there are typically TWO sets of parents!

Have an older couple? Get introduced to their children... and (get this), most will have more than one!

If you could secure an entire family's business - parents, grandparents, children, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc... then you'll become that Family's Trusted Advisor!

How do you ask? Talk about who will be their beneficiary. Talk about who will be the executor of their will, or the trustee of their trust.

To be introduced to parents - ask them if they know who the beneficiaries are for their parent's accounts, trust, will, etc.

Well, there are worse things to have happen.

Work intergenerationally.

Have a younger family? Get introduced to their parents... and (get this), for a married couple, there are typically TWO sets of parents!

Have an older couple? Get introduced to their children... and (get this), most will have more than one!

If you could secure an entire family's business - parents, grandparents, children, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc... then you'll become that Family's Trusted Advisor!

How do you ask? Talk about who will be their beneficiary. Talk about who will be the executor of their will, or the trustee of their trust.

To be introduced to parents - ask them if they know who the beneficiaries are for their parent's accounts, trust, will, etc.

Well, there are worse things to have happen.

Exactly how I was taught 30 years ago. They called it prospecting back in the olden days ;)

Back