Work Every Lead Until It is Dead!

I dunno, If it's bad to support meals on wheels and schools feeding hungry kids, call be a liberal. Doesn't bother me at all.

Life insurance is about caring for other people. The primary reason you do it is for somebody else. That's liberal in concept at least these days it is.

I don't mind being one of the few liberals in this forum.

I dunno, If it's bad to support meals on wheels and schools feeding hungry kids, call be a liberal. Doesn't bother me at all.

Life insurance is about caring for other people. The primary reason you do it is for somebody else. That's liberal in concept at least these days it is.

You're an exception Larry. You're not one of those Wacko Libs.;)

I see the conservatism about life insurance. The government does provide a death benefit, but it's only $255. The private sector provides much more for those that want it. It takes personal responsibility and accountability to purchase life insurance while they can when they're healthy and pay for it themselves. Also, if you're too sick or ill, you may qualify, but it's for reduced amounts for the same dollars, or much more for the intended amount. No government subsidies for purchasing life insurance.

And yes, life insurance is about pooling risk, but each person in the risk pool that is pooling their money is a willing volunteer into the program - which, to me, makes it the most moral ponzi scheme in existence. (Social Security is similar, except that it is forced through Government/IRS enforcement.)

Just my thoughts. Not wanting to spark a political or ideological debate, but that's what I see with my conservative lenses.

Back