Would my SO Qualify for Term Life?

RR1786

If not term life, then what is our best option? We have two children together and would like a 20 year 750K policy. Definitely don't want to hide anything.

-currently age 35, 5-7 190 lbs
-live in MA
-diagnosed with ADHD as a child but takes no medication for it
-ocassionally prescribed ambien
-currently smokes marijuana once a week
-smokes cigars twice a year
-went to drug rehab when 15 and 16 for cocaine
-overdosed on heroin at age 29, hospitalized but not given narcan
-no serious debt except new mortgage and car loan
-free from hard drug use for 6 years

If not term life, then what is our best option? We have two children together and would like a 20 year 750K policy. Definitely don't want to hide anything.

-live in MA

You should be able to qualify .. the drug use is the biggest concern but since it's over 5 years, you should be able to get something. Shoot me a PM if interested.

-live in MA

Your best bet is to work with an experienced agent who represents multiple companies and let him/her "shop" this case for you. What I can say, is that standard rates are a long shot. Given the current marijuana usage and past heroin addiction, a rated-up policy is going to be a stretch for many carriers.

-live in MA

Possibly Foresters term. I haven't written them in awhile but they used to not care about pot smoking and would even give non tobacco rates for it and also for cigar smoking.

The history of drug use would be more of problem with them than the pot.

Possibly Foresters term. I haven't written them in awhile but they used to not care about pot smoking and would even give non tobacco rates for it and also for cigar smoking.

The history of drug use would be more of problem with them than the pot.

they are marijuana friendly as are quite a few others.. but they definitely are not fans of drug abuse ... they don't even have a waiting period for standard plus and above.

But standard non tobacco would still beat most preferred tobacco rates.

Except don't most insurers still consider smoking weed as smoking?

I think with such a short time since the heroin situation, it will be difficult to obtain anything but expensive coverage. No deals to be had for this person. Lucky to get anything.

Except don't most insurers still consider smoking weed as smoking?

I think with such a short time since the heroin situation, it will be difficult to obtain anything but expensive coverage. No deals to be had for this person. Lucky to get anything.

Foresters does not. That's who I was talking about.

----------

your statement is true .. but I don't know what it had to do with my post .. lol..

you must have misread that

You're right I misread it then. I have no idea what your post was about after re reading it.

Foresters does not. That's who I was talking about.

----------

You're right I misread it then. I have no idea what your post was about after re reading it.

You've spoken to an underwriter who will not rate up someone 6 years removed from a heroin hospitalization? And is a current weed user... Somehow I don't think a standard rating is in the cards here.

Please check and let me know what you find out. I would bet a table rating or a very high premium for the coverage. That's a lot for an insurance company to overlook in underwriting. Hospitalization for drug use and continued drug use? You're certain he's even underwritten in this case?

just went back to read the original.. forgot drug rehab for coke at 16. continued drug user currently. I don't think this guy is a prospect

Back