Article About New Life Settlement Product

I dont know of many people still doing life settlements. I thought the business about died out.

Not dead....just on life support at the moment.

the risk of retained death benefit deals is if the investor discontinues premium payments....yeah you can start paying premiums again...but isn't this one of the reasons why you sold in first place.

as the author said, most upfront money goes to broker, etc..you are probably better off reducing face amount and keeping the policy yourself.

When I did it with GWG I think it was, they were so picky on who they would take.

GWG is 1 provider with 1 very specific buy box. There are 30+ providers in the space that you should submit every life settlement to for the best value possible.

Its like if I said I was an ex-life agent who only tried to sell John Hancock and since their rates where high and underwriting hard, I quit the industry because it was on the way out....

There is no way that there are 30 active buyers in the marketplace right now...and much of the institutional and reinsurance buys are taking place with tertiary policies.

There are that many buyers in the market - I deal with them daily.

You have it backward, the majority of the secondary market is institutional and reinsurance where most of the tertiary is wealthy individuals and family offices.

When it comes down to actual buyers of policies in the market right now, there are very few real buyers...lots of talk, but not action.

I don't have it backwards...I understand secondary market. The majority of money being spent on policies these days is coming from institutional or reinsurance money.....of the money these 2 groups are spending, most of their money is being spent purchasing tertiary policies....i.e. policies that were previously settled, rather than buying directly through agent channels of policies that have not previously been settled.

The secondary market is actually mostly institutional - the yields in the secondary market are much better than tertiary this quarter. Due to this institutional buyers have the time and ability to go through the secondary process. Many private buyers do not have this ability and would rather spend their capital quickly in the tertiary market.

Back