Life Insurance Without Telling Them

This kind of reminds me of a client who was divorced a few years back. The wife owns her life policy and her husband is the payer. He has payed on it for years now, and she changed the beneficiary on it right after the divorce. He has no idea, and he'll never know...kind of funny.

Good luck applying for something like that as the insured would have to sign the app.

You must have someone permission to buy life insurance on them.

I've seen a couple of ins agent get in big trouble for allowing someone to sign for someone else...We call that Fraud.

All the funeral preneed insurance companies allow someone to purchase the policy on someone else as long as there is an insurable interest.

Kids buy them for their parents. Parents buy them for their kids. Spouses buy them for each other etc.

In most cases, if someone is buying it for someone else it's because the insured never would do it for themself and the person buying it is going to have to buy the funeral at the time of death unless they do the preplan. Many (probably 50% of the time) the insured is not aware of the purchase. The insured does not need to sign.

I'm sure it's legal since every company's forms have spaces for people to sign if they are planning for themself and a different place to sign if they are planning for other.

I don't know if other type of insurance COULD do this or if they just WON'T do this for business reasons. There really isn't a lot of people running around buying funerals for people they don't lfeel responsible for.

Lincoln Heritage and Sr. Life will allow someone to take a policy out on their spouse without the spouse's sig. Not available in NC and a couple other states that have state specific sig. requirements.

These policies are whole life, not term. I believe 10K is the max allowed.

Another good reason that maybe their premiums are a little high?

Latest posts

Back