Life Insurance Without Telling Them

fetam

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Can you get life insurance on someone with out telling them. Like when you don't need a paramed? I have a client that wants to get a small term policy on her exhusband and have their kid as the beneficiary. But the ex is being an ass and won't allow it. Just haven't heard of this before. Thanks for the advice!

Not a chance unless the brute signs for it, which he might if he were asked nicely. Give him a call the worst he could do is divorce you and it won't hurt as badly as it did his kids.

This is for a client...and I'm not into dudes. hehe. I think I will talk to him about doing an ILIT. Maybe that would make him feel a little warm and fuzzy that the mom will have a harder times getting her hands on the death benefits. Thanks for all your input guys!

Having done this several times, the best method is simply a court order to carry x amount of life insurance for x amount of years.

Unfortunately, very few attorneys think of this during divorce cases. Maybe if they got a portion of the life insurance they would demand it in every settlement.

Can you get life insurance on someone with out telling them. Like when you don't need a paramed? I have a client that wants to get a small term policy on her exhusband and have their kid as the beneficiary. But the ex is being an ass and won't allow it. Just haven't heard of this before. Thanks for the advice!
yes, confidential life from Lloyd's of London! Confidential Life | Petersen International Underwriters

Must have an insurable interest!

Last edited:
Just a thought, but do you really want to be a party to securing life insurance on a person without his permission? A minor or court order is one thing, but I'd be very reluctant to do it otherwise. Also, since it is a one year term that does not automatically renew, I can't see the commission being very much. Why expose yourself to the liability for little gain?

Back