Life Settlement Investment Product now Available

No, the traditional life settlement market is not frozen, but buyers are being more picky about what they buy and prices are not as high as they use to be.
The "investment product" side of the market is extremely active, but the good products are all securities.

No, the traditional life settlement market is not frozen, but buyers are being more picky about what they buy and prices are not as high as they use to be.
The "investment product" side of the market is extremely active, but the good products are all securities.

I heard the % that is being offered on the face amount has dropped significantly?

I heard the % that is being offered on the face amount has dropped significantly?

Yes the % is lower than in years past....but funds are actively buying policies. The % decrease has less affect on the clients and more on the commission that agents receive from each case.

NAIFA sent out a statement regarding life settlements that basically said they will be taxed much more heavily on the investment side, which I'm guessing will lead directly to significantly lower payouts for the person who is selling the policy in the first place.

Back