Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Settlements Forum

Reply to The Life Settlement Option for Seniors     
Old 06-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Guru
pcbinsurance on The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

State: pcbinsurance is an Insurance Agent from Florida
pcbinsurance is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
The Life Settlement Option for Seniors Re: The Life Settlement Option for Seniors
LSA...please enlighten us about Life Settlements. None of us around here have ever heard of those.

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

Old 06-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #12
Guru
goillini52 on The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
The Life Settlement Option for Seniors Re: The Life Settlement Option for Seniors
Originally Posted by LSA View Post
It's interesting how so few people actually know about life settlements.
I decided years ago that I wanted no part in getting people to "invest" in another person's death.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #13
Expert

State: LottieGarza is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Yes, you are right. Life insurance money is not a cash money in hand. No one can use this money until your death. I had seen some situations when none of the beneficiary know about the policy and never claim for this. This type of money called as missing money or unclaimed money. So, life settlement plans are good for life security.

Last edited by LottieGarza; 07-07-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #14

State: shawnadam is an Insurance Agent from
Life Settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to a third party for more than its cash surrender value but less than its net death benefit.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #15
Guru
lifesettlementadvisor on The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

State: lifesettlementadvisor is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post
I decided years ago that I wanted no part in getting people to "invest" in another person's death.
Luckily there are multiple institutional investors that are looking to deploy capital into the space. Don't worry about raising money for life settlements, present the option to your clients before they lapse a policy!

Send me a PM to find out how life settlements can help your clients!

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less" ~~Robert E Lee
Old 04-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #16
Guru

State: LostDollar is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
Originally Posted by LottieGarza View Post
Yes, you are right. Life insurance money is not a cash money in hand. No one can use this money until your death. I had seen some situations when none of the beneficiary know about the policy and never claim for this. This type of money called as missing money or unclaimed money. So, life settlement plans are good for life security.
I fail to see how giving someone else rights to an insurance policy on one's life provides "life security".

In regard to the "claim" point, a more responsible consumer oriented approach might be to work to get consumers to check the "treasure hunt" links on their state treasurer's website.

Getting the family members to do anything about the money is another issue, but I have found business insurance payments and personal investment income for some of my family members on my state's website.

LD is a Life Ins. & Medicare Supplement Consumer learning about Medicare

"...no space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused..."
A Christmas Carol
Old 04-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #17
Guru
Gooner on The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

State: Gooner is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Gooner is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
The Life Settlement Option for Seniors
Originally Posted by LostDollar View Post

I fail to see how giving someone else rights to an insurance policy on one's life provides "life security".

In regard to the "claim" point, a more responsible consumer oriented approach might be to work to get consumers to check the "treasure hunt" links on their state treasurer's website.

Getting the family members to do anything about the money is another issue, but I have found business insurance payments and personal investment income for some of my family members on my state's website.
You realize this was posted 3 years ago...
Reply to The Life Settlement Option for Seniors 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Settlements Forum

Tags
life settlement