Life Settlements from Agent Point of View

lifesettlementadvisor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Austin
Wanted to get everyones opinion on Life Settlements from the Agents point of view.

Mainly:

*How and from who are life settlements marketed to you?

*How is the education process on life settlements and how the transaction works?

*How good/bad is the contact during the life settlement underwriting process?

*How do you market life settlements to your clients? Active or Passive?

*Where is the disconnect? What would make life settlements more attractive to the independent insurance agent channel?

Help is appreciated - along with the funny sarcasm that is sure to come!

My point of view is they are a big waste of time.

THey are so picky on who they want or will take.

x2. Had a few cases that should have easily been settlements but the LE's they came back with were ridiculous. Put the clients through a lot of time and garbage to get nothing.

Would it be helpful if you could buy a "quick" LE to see where the insured lands? You can usually get one for about $50 and requires no meds, just a short form the insured fills out about health status.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Funds can only take policies where the numbers work!
If the life settlement broker would have educated you on pricing methodologies and which types of life products never price well compared to those that always priced well, would that have been helpful?

Last edited:
Wanted to get everyones opinion on Life Settlements from the Agents point of view.

Mainly:

*How and from who are life settlements marketed to you?

*How is the education process on life settlements and how the transaction works?

*How good/bad is the contact during the life settlement underwriting process?

*How do you market life settlements to your clients? Active or Passive?

*Where is the disconnect? What would make life settlements more attractive to the independent insurance agent channel?

Help is appreciated - along with the funny sarcasm that is sure to come!

The disconnect is that LE reports are now so conservative, very few cases work....in its efforts to appease institutional investors, the industry has effectively put itself on the brink....

Pulled contracts, extended LE reports, pricing that does not work for consumers, lack of trust of brokers, providers, industry in general, and all the bad press, lawsuits, criminal cases....why bother???

No matter what they offer at this point. I'm never going to try to do another one again.

It was a big waste of my time.

The disconnect is that LE reports are now so conservative, very few cases work....in its efforts to appease institutional investors, the industry has effectively put itself on the brink....

Pulled contracts, extended LE reports, pricing that does not work for consumers, lack of trust of brokers, providers, industry in general, and all the bad press, lawsuits, criminal cases....why bother???

Luckily a lot of the legal issues have been sorted out and those days are coming to an end. It sounds from a lot of the posts that the "independent life agent" community, especially those burned by the activities of 2008 and 2009 are in need or general re-education of the current state of the industry.

Would you guys take a Life Settlement course for CE credit?

They have to be in bad health and not want to pay for the policy.

Luckily a lot of the legal issues have been sorted out and those days are coming to an end. It sounds from a lot of the posts that the "independent life agent" community, especially those burned by the activities of 2008 and 2009 are in need or general re-education of the current state of the industry.

Would you guys take a Life Settlement course for CE credit?

not interested...and i'm very informed about current state of the industry......still not good.

Latest posts

Back