Life Settlements

It's not necessarily about "appeal to their greed" so much as it is about pointing out the positive benefits. Tax free cash? One less bill to pay each month? Help put a grandchild through college or spend a few winters someplace sunny? Sounds like a good deal to me.

If they have a life policy to begin with, they're probably fairly adept money managers anyway.

What is the best way to start up a conversation and build a rapport with a senior (whom you are either cold calling or meeting for the first time) when you are looking to sell them life insurance or buy their life insurance (life settlement)?

...Life insurance is very costly, and when you work for a company that only deals with high net worth clients (like I do), it's been pretty hard for me to get them to do anything...

Why would a senior want to listen to me? Should you (the agent) discuss company credentials? Options? Benefits? Dive into their needs? Really try to get to know them first? ...wouldn't that waste their time since they know you're probably only talking to them because you are trying to sell them something??

... Please advise:1baffled:
No they are not wasting their time because if you are looking to sell life insurance then meeting is the best way.

It's not necessarily about "appeal to their greed" so much as it is about pointing out the positive benefits. Tax free cash? One less bill to pay each month? Help put a grandchild through college or spend a few winters someplace sunny? Sounds like a good deal to me.

If they have a life policy to begin with, they're probably fairly adept money managers anyway.

As an FYI - cash received by selling your policy in a life settlement transaction is not a tax free cash. But all others are great points!

I initially look at this mkt under a different name yrs ago; viatical.

Life settlement a bit different in need and qualification but what is agent opion now of this product.

I saw the need yrs ago and didn't take action. Here it comes again and I think I'll jump on it this time. Your thoughts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To Hermans 25;

I always start by not taking a single thing out of my folder.

Then I begin to casually ask the client about themselves.

Once they begin I exercise my S.A.L.E.S approrach; Shut up And Listen; which I know is Essential to my Success.

Corney but true.

Last edited:
Back