Agency Scenario $5k

RLC

Expert
I am looking to actually utilize my NC licences this year. (Life/Health/LTC). So I pose this question individuals that are running agencies, not necessarily in my market. (NC,SC) If you had $5K how would you spend it if you were independent and wanted to start an agency? Thanks in advance for any input.

I am looking to actually utilize my NC licences this year. (Life/Health/LTC). So I pose this question individuals that are running agencies, not necessarily in my market. (NC,SC) If you had $5K how would you spend it if you were independent and wanted to start an agency? Thanks in advance for any input.

This question is impossible to answer.
We don't know anything about you.

It sounds like you're brand new to the insurance industry.

The best way to "start an agency" is to go work "for an agency" and learn what you can learn. After about 2 or 3 years you'll have a foundation of knowledge upon which to figure out how to invest that $5k" and "start an agency".

One of the first thing's you'll realize is that $5K is a fraction of the money needed to "start an agency".

What he said. Not to demean you but you want to start an agency and ask asking what to do with 5K. The short answer is nothing.

Imagine trying to open up a business and you need commercial space. It's like contacting a real estate agent and asking "Ok, what can I get for $200 a month." The answer - nothing.

5K to open an agency isn't even a dent. More like 100K to start the bidding.

Back