Any LTC Options for a Person with Diabetes?

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
They are not overweight. I was looking at possibly the annuities with LTC riders (which is not real LTC) or maybe life insurance with a low death benefit.

They are not overweight. I was looking at possibly the annuities with LTC riders (which is not real LTC) or maybe life insurance with a low death benefit.

Not sure exactly what you are asking....as all LTC options, whether it be traditional or linked benefit plans will potentially take a diabetic under control. Life insurance will take diabetics as well. What you have to worry about is if there is insulin usage and how much....along with any other medical conditions that may also exist. Then you have to shop carefully.

Whether you should get a traditional plan or a linked benefit plan is a whole other discussion.

This is a common misunderstanding about long-term care insurance. Many consumers, as well as insurance agents, think that diabetics can't qualify for long-term care insurance.

I've had diabetics get long-term care insurance who took 70 units of insulin per day.

I've had diabetics qualify for long-term care insurance even though they've had heart bypass surgery.

Every long-term care insurer has a different way of underwriting each type of health condition.

Check out:

We help you turn your LTCi declines into approvals

This is a common misunderstanding about long-term care insurance. Many consumers, as well as insurance agents, think that diabetics can't qualify for long-term care insurance.

I've had diabetics get long-term care insurance who took 70 units of insulin per day.

I've had diabetics qualify for long-term care insurance even though they've had heart bypass surgery.

Every long-term care insurer has a different way of underwriting each type of health condition.

Check out:

We help you turn your LTCi declines into approvals

Thanks. I called them and left a message. I want to ask them the specific info they require for their quote form.

In the past you PM about the same folks for a stroke condition. I will be sending that one along as well. Thanks again. :)

Back