Auto Owners Long Term Care Insurance

IAOC

I have been selling some traditional long term care policies through Auto Owners. To my knowledge they don't sell through brokers and therefore have limited reach. In my experience they are a basic traditional policy that offers tremendous value (coverage for the price). They have not raised premiums on existing issued business. They appear committed to the market. Their policy is an indemnity benefit at claim.

The biggest downside to most traditional carriers is that they don't offer a partnership plan with any state.

Other than that, what are other thoughts are there on Auto Owners?

I have been selling some traditional long term care policies through Auto Owners. To my knowledge they don't sell through brokers and therefore have limited reach. In my experience they are a basic traditional policy that offers tremendous value (coverage for the price). They have not raised premiums on existing issued business. They appear committed to the market. Their policy is an indemnity benefit at claim.

The biggest downside to most traditional carriers is that they don't offer a partnership plan with any state.

what state are you in?

In my experience they are a basic traditional policy that offers tremendous value (coverage for the price).

Do you have a quote you can share ?

They have not raised premiums on existing issued business. They appear committed to the market.

When did they start selling LTC ?

Do you have a link to their plans ?

Good policy for the money. If in 20 years the underwriting proves to be responsible, it is good.

I just found 10 different companies who sell LTC Partnership policies in Iowa.
Why do you think nobody does?

The OP did not say Partnership policies are unavailable in Iowa. The OP said the only downside of Auto Owners is its policy is not a Partnership policy.

Auto Owners probably has the least expensive policy I have seen in the past 4 years for what it is worth.

Crazy. I've been trying to get an AO contract on the P and C side for the last five years. Can't do it because my competitor writes a ton of it. Didn't realize they even had an LTC product. What side of Iowa are you on? Western Iowa here.

Back