Berkshire Life LTC Questions

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

I am not familiar with Berkshire Life LTC, was wondering if I needed this product for any particular reason?

Any info would be helpful.

What is Berkshire Life's particular niche in the LTC market?

What is the underwriting like?

Do they use brokers or direct contract, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

aka Guardian

A++ company......kinda pricey except for unlimited benefit and maybe 10 pay...nothing special in terms of features. Small player in this market. Else, no experience with them, but I was asked to contract with them as a broker....but I passed.

Hope that gets you started.

Hello,

Thanks for the info!

I didn't notice anything special about them either. I am assuming the underwriting is nothing special as well after glancing at the underwriting guide.

Thanks again!

Solid company, definitely focused on large case-business owner/executive benefit style most likely 10 pay design.

Berkshire's star product is disability insurance, not a super LTC player--I know some people who would disagree. It is a good product, and I know a few people who sell a lot of it. Not incredibly flexible on the underwriting--gotta keep their supieror credit ratings.

They deal directly through general agency for their products. Owned by Guardian--acquired about 9 years ago--as yankee mentioned.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
However in california their old product is still available which is much cheaper. Don't know how much longer until they'll get the new product approved. They might be pretty competitive at the moment.

Last edited:
Hello,

Good info!

I did notice the premium was pretty close to a few of the "top carriers" in CA.

I just can't see why in CA a person would offer them if the premium is about the same (within a few hundred dollars a year) as a "top carrier" with more name recognition, market share, experience, etc.?

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back