Bga/ltci

Charlie456

Expert
I have found it difficult to find a good BGA to support me with LTC. Who is working with a BGA that they feel does an excellent job and pays out a higher commission rate? I don't care if it's in my area, just need good service/support.

I have found it difficult to find a good BGA to support me with LTC. Who is working with a BGA that they feel does an excellent job and pays out a higher commission rate? I don't care if it's in my area, just need good service/support.

define "good service/support".

do you need a BGA that will run quotes for you?
one that will help you prequalify applicants?
one that will help you answer objections?

what do you need?

Thanks for your interest. I don't need any quotes, no sales help... I need someone to keep me well informed of the changes, who has the inside track, and either does great case management or allow me to work directly with the carrier on case management.... And let's the carrier pay me directly.

and either does great case management or allow me to work directly with the carrier on case management.... And let's the carrier pay me directly.

Pathetic that an FMO won't let an agent work directly with the carrier on case management. Then many FMO's blame it on the carrier policies and vice versa. Often times it is just so they can track whether or not they get paid, all at your expense, IMO.

Pathetic that an FMO won't let an agent work directly with the carrier on case management. Then many FMO's blame it on the carrier policies and vice versa. Often times it is just so they can track whether or not they get paid, all at your expense, IMO.

CALTCAGENT, that's exactly my issue. I don't see what most bring to the table. I still have yet to figure out what "case management" means to the BGA. Seems to me it just means I'm going to mindlessly hit the forward button on the communications from the carrier. The way I see it, it's there job to slow down the process and provide no value. My thought is if they are going to get an override for my work, I need to be getting SOMETHING for it.

I can call Genworth, Omaha, Mass Mutual, Medamerica, Transamerica, Lincoln, State Life, Pacific Life et al direct and usually do at times (cos I am OCD) but I also have a dedicated case manager, and she does an awesome job too. And they dont make much of an override. I get pretty good comp.

Last edited:
The way I see it, it's there job to slow down the process and provide no value. My thought is if they are going to get an override for my work, I need to be getting SOMETHING for it.

Or at least get out of the way. They of course need to create value by pumping up the "case management" schtick, IMO.

----------

I also have a dedicated case manager, and she does an awesomd job too. And they dont make much of sn override. I get good comp.

Does she require all carrier correspondence to go through her? (e-mails, applications, policies, etc.)

If they want to help great, but let me get all the case info direct from carrier. The typical person they hire at FMO's really gets my blood pressure up.

Last edited:
Or at least get out of the way. They of course need to create value by pumping up the "case management" schtick, IMO.

----------

Does she require all carrier correspondence to go through her? (e-mails, applications, policies, etc.)

Not at all. They give me full autonomy to do whatever I need or want to do. Basically, she is simply functioning as my office staff. I love her. Love the group I am with.

Not at all. They give me full autonomy to do whatever I need or want to do. Basically, she is simply functioning as my office staff. I love her. Love the group I am with.

Sounds like the way things should work. Not easy to find.

Art Jetter & Company has a great LTC marketer named Alex that can help you with what you need. They are located in Omaha.

Back