Buy LTC Separate or Together with Whole Life Policy?

Thank you for all the wonderful responses. My client does not have a prescription. He has admitted to pot use on a prior application and dropped it after the rate came out almost double for a term policy.

He will clean up, at least for this new application lol, will this still be an issue since it is on the MIB? I would imagine since they like to treat it like tobacco so much, anyone can quit pot.

There are carriers that don't even test for pot. You can get top non-smoker rates available and not be affected by past underwriting decisions. Just have him admit to it and a good cover letter.

Yes, I know the issues. MIB is the biggest issue. I had only one case in my life, a term life application for an Atlanta attorney in 2001. He was declined for coke. Blew his top, threatened to sue the underwriter, claimed he's never done coke and then said "Jack, please do not tell my wife." Today, if anyone asked me to write an application and admitted to drug use I would just explain the issues to the client and respectfully withdraw. ---------- Well, it's really not about us so you can eliminate the "I won't get paid" spiel!

You can keep struggling with the issue.

----------

Yes, I know the issues. MIB is the biggest issue. I had only one case in my life, a term life application for an Atlanta attorney in 2001. He was declined for coke. Blew his top, threatened to sue the underwriter, claimed he's never done coke and then said "Jack, please do not tell my wife." Today, if anyone asked me to write an application and admitted to drug use I would just explain the issues to the client and respectfully withdraw. ---------- Well, it's really not about us so you can eliminate the "I won't get paid" spiel!

WTF is your problem? When you can't dominate the thread you go nuts. Kind of useless with you and that other guy posting answers to everything when it's clear you're not clear. Outta here ramble on.

You can keep struggling with the issue.

----------

WTF is your problem? When you can't dominate the thread you go nuts. Kind of useless with you and that other guy posting answers to everything when it's clear you're not clear. Outta here ramble on.

Meh. I am not going nuts about anything.
And I am not struggling with any issues.

My clients do not do drugs.
They all answer no to the drug related questions.

And I sure as heck do not badger the witness after they answer no to the drug question telling them I won't get paid if they are lying to me. That's just being self-centered and paranoid.

There are carriers that don't even test for pot. You can get top non-smoker rates available and not be affected by past underwriting decisions. Just have him admit to it and a good cover letter.

Can you give examples of carriers?
Thanks
AO

Back