ClaimJockey Reviews?

GI Joe

Are there any insured folks here who have worked with ClaimJockey and can share their experience? Anyone else here with opinions? I need help filing claims and it seems like they can really help me. It seems like a great company, but I want to do a little research on it before I send them all my info. Is there any reason not to work with them?

Thanks.

The main reason I can think of not to bother with them is that most insurance carriers have dedicated teams to help you with this process. It is not that difficult of a thing to do, especially with guidance.

If the policy includes a "Care Coordinator Benefit", this can kick in once a claim is initiated (which for some carriers is nothing more than a phone call to receive paperwork). The Care Coordinator is a dedicated person (usually a 3rd party who does not work for the carrier) who is there to help you through not just the claims process but the process of receiving care as well. Basically the Care Coordinator does for free, many of the functions that ClaimJockey wants to charge you to do.

Also, the claims department of most LTCI carriers are very helpful. Very few LTCI claims are denied as long as the insured is not able to perform 2 of the 6 ADLs.

I would contact the carrier first and talk to them about the process. Ask if the Care Coordinator will be able to help you through the claims process and what the claims process involves. You have already paid a lot of money for this policy, why spend more when there might be a built in benefit that will do what you are needing help with?

Are there any insured folks here who have worked with ClaimJockey and can share their experience? Anyone else here with opinions? I need help filing claims and it seems like they can really help me. It seems like a great company, but I want to do a little research on it before I send them all my info. Is there any reason not to work with them?

Thanks.

Who is the LTC carrier? Then folk can chime in and tell you how good they are with claims handling.

Thanks scagnt83 and yankee466.

The carrier is MetLife. Would appreciate your thoughts on MetLife.

But it sounds like ClaimJockey isn't a scam and I can trust them if I choose to use their services?

But it sounds like ClaimJockey isn't a scam and I can trust them if I choose to use their services?

Claim Jockey is not a scam.....but it may be a waste of money. Metlife has always been a major LTC player in the past....and a good claims payer.

As the other poster mentioned....your policy likely comes with a care coordinator service. You should use that service if possible.....let them help you understand how your policy works.....and send in your claims. If you are too busy to bother.....or don't mind paying people for what is not supposed to be too hard.....I am sure they(CJ) will help you for a fee. I'll assume you no longer have an agent to call?

I've never heard anything good or bad about CJ.....but they obviously exist for a reason. I can understand how someone, suddenly faced with a family member care situation, being handed a LTC policy and asked to understand it......can find it confusing

Call customer service....and go from there.

I have no knowledge good or bad about their services. But they do what a care-coordinator will do for free. The care-coordinator is a 3rd party who works for you and not the carrier. And the LTCI policy premiums have already paid for this service. So what is the point of paying for something that you likely get for free already?

My honest opinion is that they are probably not a scam but they are likely a ripoff since you probably already have this service for free via the care-coordinator.

Latest posts

Back