Couple of Questions and a Story.

I'm sorry if I have the wrong person! I also saw this and a link to another LTC website:
Karen Lorenzo
CLTC
Complete Long Term Care Insura
Visit my website!

If you're not already an LTC agent, perhaps you should be!

I am not in anyway connected to CLTC, can you message me the exact link to that so I can check and ask them to remove that?

Do you have the CLTC designation and/or an insurance license in any state?

No, I don't..I searched it on the internet and found out that it was posted in a website for real estate agents ..which is kind of weird..the email address registered is my email address but the address in the profile is Florida, I am not from Florida. I sent them an email asking to put down the profile because it is misleading..

Last edited:
Yes, kind of strange indeed....and the address for some of the LTC domains is same address in Florida that had your info on there.

I already sent them an email, I am disturbed that someone had used my name and email to register in a website for real estate...I checked all my social media accounts to see if someone has been hacking them, good to know that they are still safe..not even sure why the address is Florida when in fact I am from Denver..anyway thank you for the heads up, I was able to act on it immediately

Hi Guys,

I’ve been occupied lately and haven’t checked in. I’m used to some forums that notify you with an email that there has been a response to your post. I realize this forum is so large it is probably impossible. I have gotten a couple of emails though.

I’m glad I might have been able to help a little. The reason I pointed all this stuff out is due to the fact I have almost become a Monk. Not the religious kind, but the TV character with the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

The reason being is that, besides my insurance business in the past, I have also been involved in agriculture. There are a whole host of bugs out there in the form of Food Borne Illnesses that can also put the hurt on one and kill. For the past 12 years I’ve become knowledgeable in that area also and follow all the insurance related and food related stories.

Here’s another example of something you might not know. It’s kind of unrelated to LTC, but health insurance as a whole possibly. I sold a cancer policy in my day that had 16 dreaded diseases attached to the policy. Most of them were under control and they put them in there I guess, to add a little value to the policy. This was a 100% plan. My wife and I took out a policy back then. The premium has become exorbitant and my wife is constantly complaining about it. I have told her, in no uncertain terms, to never let the policy go.

One reason being, beside the cancer threat we all face, is that Tuberculosis was one of the 16 dreaded diseases covered. In the same area as the Staph and Pneumonia, Tuberculosis is becoming resistant to antibiotics also. Tuberculosis is making a comeback in the U.S. thanks to the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico. We may just have sanatoriums again one day. This disease is highly contagious and works along the line of Colds and the Flu through airborne droplets from a cough or sneeze. I just wanted to throw that in for general knowledge.

Karen, thank you for the kind words. I have always tried to, what I consider, help people and make s few bucks at the same time. I often wondered how many people that rejected my message through sales rejection, ignorance, or my inability to get through and lost in the long run. Third party experts were the problem in many cases, you all know, the relatives and friends who don’t have a clue, but know everything.

Back when I was in the senior market our state had it in the law that no one could advise or consult an individual on any line of insurance unless they were a licensed agent in that line. That has been repealed, why I don’t know. My guess is due to the infinite wisdom of our legislature.

Had I had the internet and all the things we have now, back then, I would have printed and laminated that section of our code. I would have then used it to show the person who wanted to consult the third party expert that their third party expert would be in violation of the law, only a misdemeanor, but go on to explain that third party experts have no background to be advising them on any insurance period. One could go on to cover the pre-licensing and continuing education as an example, then ask, how much of this does your third party expert have? After all, one can’t walk into an operating room and tell a neurosurgeon how to perform his brain surgery if they are not in possession of a medical license and have the proper training. If your state has a statute like this use it to it’s fullest.

To give an example, I had a husband and wife LTC policy holder. The wife was the decision maker and her doctor advised her to drop her policy because she would never need it. He might have had a crystal ball, but I don’t think so. I could have nailed him if I wanted to. The very idea that he even told her that shocked me, no I got p***ed. She had a much more extensive background with her doctor than with me and it was a no win situation.

I’ll expand on that a little here. Had this woman and her husband needed the dropped LTC policy and lost it all due to the need for the policy. They could have sued the doctor for giving them that tid bit of bad advice. I’m sure the doctor didn’t put it in her chart, but they still could have found a personal injury attorney that would have taken the case and filed suit. In civil law the defendant is guilty until proven innocent. It could have gone many ways, but remember this, the suite could have been filed and even if it was thrown out, it would have cost someone time and money.

All one has to do is go to the proper clerk’s office with cash in hand and a complaint drawn up and file suite. In my state the filing fee is only $35.00. In Federal Court it was, I haven’t checked lately, $350.00. This might even go to show the need for E & O Insurance, because it goes for agents too.

I’ll stop there I was heading towards one of my books. I had more to tell, but I didn’t want to put you to sleep. Maybe this will help someone.

Bryan

Back