Experience with Long-Term Care Resources Marketing Company

1reason

Super Genius
Wisconsin
Anyone have experience with ltcr.com ?

It appears they provide leads for people in associations that want LTC, and take a cut of the sale.

Depending on the amount of time required for X in sales revenue, I'm fine with sharing, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable having my hands tied and not allowed to sell any other products to the prospects.

Any thoughts on the company or concept in general is appreciated.

It appears they provide leads for people in associations that want LTC, and take a cut of the sale.

How much of a cut these days ?

Depending on the amount of time required for X in sales revenue, I'm fine with sharing, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable having my hands tied and not allowed to sell any other products to the prospects.

I could see not selling any other products to the leads they provide. They probably keep you in low contracts for your outside business too.

Sharing is fine, but how many will they give you ? (I know they don't say)

Bad system last I checked.

Anyone have experience with ltcr.com ?

why give away so much commission for a "free lead".
you're better off generating your own leads and keeping all the fyc and renewals.

How much of a cut these days ?

I could see not selling any other products to the leads they provide. They probably keep you in low contracts for your outside business too.

Sharing is fine, but how many will they give you ? (I know they don't say)

Bad system last I checked.

I believe, but don't recall for sure, that for example a lead provided sale brings in 35% compared to a "normal" 65% of first year premium.

Right, they didn't say and the person I talked to is the first filter.

I'm guessing it sounds more attractive than it is, but then again, 30% of something is better than 65% of nothing. It really depends on how much time and effort I need to spend though relative to the same time and effort towards building my agency.

----------

why give away so much commission for a "free lead".
you're better off generating your own leads and keeping all the fyc and renewals.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking....LOL

I think you're probably right, but it may be a turkey shoot and at a minimum, it's worth looking into, or at least it appears so.

I did a stint with them many years ago. Seems like the affinity leads only paid 25%. Got very few leads. Very inconsistent. I didn't hang around long, but at least I do still get renewals from polices sold with them. That's more than you can say for most of these "marketers" that promise you "free" leads that cost you bundles of money after giving them their commission split.

There just "ain't no free lunch" here, or anywhere else.:nah:

Last edited:
I did a stint with them many years ago. Seems like the affinity leads only paid 25%. Got very few leads. Very inconsistent. I didn't hang around long, but at least I do still get renewals from polices sold with them. That's more than you can say for most of these "marketers" that promise you "free" leads that cost you bundles of money after giving them their commission split.

There just "ain't no free lunch" here, or anywhere else.:nah:

When I left JH in 2002, I contracted with them for Prudential and Met Life. I never received 1 lead. Not a single name. I grew up near Bridgeville PA where LTCR has its office. I used to call them and ask them when I could get a lead to try. Zippo. Thankfully, I never needed their leads, but I sure would like to have seen 1 lead to form an opinion. I think their contracts were 60% then. 35%? Yikes. That's no good. Self generate. No other way.

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

I agree the cost of a free lead is pretty high if you're splitting the commission on a sale that you would have made either way, but I'm still not sure it's high if you would have never made the sale. I guess it's maybe better to weight it based on opportunity cost, which for me is still unclear.

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

I agree the cost of a free lead is pretty high if you're splitting the commission on a sale that you would have made either way, but I'm still not sure it's high if you would have never made the sale. I guess it's maybe better to weight it based on opportunity cost, which for me is still unclear.

Let's say the average premium on a traditional policy sale is $4000. So, you earn $1350 instead of $3000. Let's say you only sell 10 leads....you just gave up $16000 in revenue. If you write 20 leads you lost $32,000; if you write 30 leads you have lost $48,000. And we are not even discussing lost renewals. Why not just take $16000 or $30000 and invest it in your business or buy internet leads at $20 a piece and remain independent. A $16000 budget can buy 3 years of leads. You only have x amount of time and you can only meet with x amount of people. You must create efficiency to maximize your revenue.

Back