Finding Clients to Have the LTCi Conversation

Van Mueller ($1m+ annual producer) has been teaching State Farm agents how to sell. Just listen to the first few minutes of this presentation that he gave at the 1st of February. He may be "playing to the crowd"... but he certainly gives his opinion on State Farm and their policies. (The entire presentation is about 4 hours.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHeSkRoTC8c&t

----------

After the first few minutes, fast-forward to 29:00 and pick it up from there.

i can't stand bullsh*t like this.

Of course there are some companies that have premiums that are 2x to 3x what other companies charge. Just look at AARP/NYL. That's about 3x what other companies charge.

Correct Scott. State Farm is definitely not inexpensive. (Better for men than for women) But New York Life's rates, especially when compound inflation protection is added, is unbuyable. But even NYL Secure Care will be SOLD.

Of course there are some companies that have premiums that are 2x to 3x what other companies charge. Just look at AARP/NYL. That's about 3x what other companies charge.

You said there were only 5 companies selling it now. There's about 13.

I believe I have responded to you appropriately, with the admission I was in error. I don't know what your bone is with me but I think I will decline to engage further. :) Here, this for you - YOU ARE RIGHT :yes:

@IAOC - A number of our brokers are having very good success finding potential LTCi clients by using long term care specific websites from LTC Agent Websites. Their websites are apparently optimized for search engines, mobile devices and converting leads. Business has picked up for the agents. Enough that we're thinking of paying for the service for the agents that don't have them yet. Hope this is helpful for you!

I've been reading this forum off and on for about the past 5 years. It is good to get different perspectives on the business.

After moving from a captive P&C company that sold LTCi, I moved to an independent P&C agency environment. While my focus is primarily on P&C, it appears that the LTCi market is under served. It is also an area that I have had some periodic success. I'm in a small rural community in the Midwest. Even though the LTCi market doesn't have a lot of engaged agents excited about the product (which I get), I'm still having a hard time gaining traction in this area in opening up the conversation to find potential clients. When I do have the conversation and layout the concepts for insurance funding options including traditional LTCi, Hybrid (State & Lincoln), and life insurance with a chronic illness rider (discounted), the clients are receptive and surprised by the funding options available.

As I look to move more into this area and specialize, can any of you offer suggestions on how to market to larger number in hopes of filling up the sales funnel? My goal is to have more conversations (which is what I enjoy and that I can bring value to the client), but I really am bad at the marking piece of the business. Any ideas will be appreciated.

If you don't want to share, that is fine.

@IAOC - A number of our brokers are having very good success finding potential LTCi clients by using long term care specific websites from LTC Agent Websites. Their websites are apparently optimized for search engines, mobile devices and converting leads. Business has picked up for the agents. Enough that we're thinking of paying for the service for the agents that don't have them yet. Hope this is helpful for you!

Craig, websites can be helpful, however generic content spun by cookie cutter websites will be limiting. To take it to the next level I would strongly recommend everyone tries to write their own content if of course the agent has the ability and time to do so. I realize many agents will not have the capability to do this, but it is a game changer. Google's algorithms will penalize sites with duplicate content.

Why not have them use your website builder since it looks like it is seo optimized and ranking.

Why a cookie cutter site for your agents ?

Back