Finding Clients to Have the LTCi Conversation

State Farm, like Allstate, are P & C. Their life is expensive and, in my opinion, not competitive to better carriers.

we're talking about LTC insurance not life insurance.
what difference does it make if "their life is expensive".

On a more serious topic. People will judge State Farm on life and LTCi based upon their claim experience on the home and auto. While I always had good experience, there are plenty who did not.

Ultimately it doesn't matter to me, not captive to State Farm and the last time I sold an LTCi policy it was from MetLife.

----------

I've drank Tab before, didn't know they still made it. One thing's for sure, after watching that commercial that Vol put up...I won't be drinking any more Dr. Pepper.:no:

It is for Diet Dr. Pepper if it makes you feel any better.

I really do question the commercials though. Most seem directed towards men and I don't see most guys reacting well to Lil Sweet. I couldn't care less that he is flaming, but he is high pitched and annoying.

On a more serious topic. People will judge State Farm on life and LTCi based upon their claim experience on the home and auto. While I always had good experience, there are plenty who did not.

Ultimately it doesn't matter to me, not captive to State Farm and the last time I sold an LTCi policy it was from MetLife.

----------

It is for Diet Dr. Pepper if it makes you feel any better.

I really do question the commercials though. Most seem directed towards men and I don't see most guys reacting well to Lil Sweet. I couldn't care less that he is flaming, but he is high pitched and annoying.

It doesn't make me feel any better, because I'm drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. :swoon:

Should've added....and so is their LTC. Aren't they "add ons's to a P/C agency? I would not choose that for myself, personally. But that's just me.

----------

Just saw that commercial. LOL. He was like a mini Prince. Lil Sweet:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Should've added....and so is their LTC. Aren't they "add ons's to a P/C agency? I would not choose that for myself, personally. But that's just me.

----------

Just saw that commercial. LOL. He was like a mini Prince. Lil Sweet:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Of course there are some companies that have premiums that are 2x to 3x what other companies charge. Just look at AARP/NYL. That's about 3x what other companies charge.

You said there were only 5 companies selling it now. There's about 13.

State Farm, like Allstate, are P & C. Their life is expensive and, in my opinion, not competitive to better carriers. It's kind of like Dentists who now also offer botox injections, in competition with a plastic surgeon, or Dermatologist.

Both are doctors, but wouldn't you rather have the person who is trained and specializes in that specific field/product?

Or would you rather have a Proctologist give you Botox injections in your face? :twitchy:

Van Mueller ($1m+ annual producer) has been teaching State Farm agents how to sell. Just listen to the first few minutes of this presentation that he gave at the 1st of February. He may be "playing to the crowd"... but he certainly gives his opinion on State Farm and their policies. (The entire presentation is about 4 hours.)

----------

After the first few minutes, fast-forward to 29:00 and pick it up from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back