Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum

Reply to Genworth/Oceanwide a Done Deal     
Old 06-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
Guru

State: Mr_Ed is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Mr_Ed is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Genworth/Oceanwide a Done Deal Re: Genworth/Oceanwide a Done Deal
Originally Posted by Arthur Rudnick View Post

Arthur,
This announcement is 7 months old.
Why did you post it now?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Genworth/Oceanwide a Done Deal
Old 06-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Guru

State: yankee466 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
Arthur,
This announcement is 7 months old.
Why did you post it now?
Wishful thinking?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #5

State: Hybrid_Chick is an Insurance Agent from
I assume everyone has now seen the delay on this? I'm new to this forum, so I cannot provide a link yet. However, a simple Google search of Genworth Oceanwide deal will result in multiple sites have the same story that broke late last week. Insurance Business Review, Richmond Times, Markets Insider, Think Advisor, etc…

"Genworth reported that it and China Oceanwide have withdrawn and refiled the voluntary notice they sent to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. The move should extend the committee's review period by at least 30 days, and possibly by 75 days"......

"The completion of China Oceanwide’s $2.7bn merger deal with Genworth Financial is likely to be delayed further, owing to a regulatory obstacle. In this connection, the two companies, have for the second time, withdrawn and re-submitted their joint voluntary notice with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)"

Last edited by Hybrid_Chick; 07-18-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Reply to Genworth/Oceanwide a Done Deal 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum