Genworth and Others

I just received my Life/Health licenses in Calif. I worked for Aflac on the east coast for a short period of time, but that wasn't for me. I'm oringinally from Calif and was in the car business for the past 15 yrs. I don't have a lot of contacts, the ones I do have I haven't contacted in quite some time. I also feel that most people shouldn't rely on their friends and family to become successful ?? agree?

The last 4 yrs I have assisted in taking care of my mother, they did not prepare themselves for the senior years. So I know from experience that LTC is very important. I want to be able to offer a range of products from whole life, disabilty, LTC etc. At this time with my limited amount of contacts, I though it may be a better path to start out with just a LTC company that has some sort of opportunity to get in front of people? Is there such an animal out there? Does Genworth offer any leads, I'm not looking for 100%, just enough to get some cash flowing in the first few months?

I understand these first few yrs will be challenging, i'm ok with that.

I do have an offer to work with the local Mass Mutual office, but I didn't get a great feel that I would have a good mentor. The office is starting over with a new GA and I'm not sure that would be the best fit for a new agent?

Thanks for any advice

Genworth has a captive side that offers training for people starting out.

Nothing is free there. You will pay with reduced commissions and lost renewals when you leave. You have to pay for your own leads too.

Probably helpful to receive some of the training they may provide at first.

Thanks!

Back