Had a Stroke..........

munson

Expert
Female age 62. She had a mild stroke, not a TIA, 3 years ago. Is there a company that would approve a policy? Thank you.

Most only go back 2 years. You shouldn't have a problem finding a company if that's her only problem.

most companies will not insure anyone who has ever had a stroke, regardless of how far back it was.

assuming she does not have diabetes, she might get approved from mutual of omaha or lifesecure at a substandard rate. She has a chance of getting standard with transamerica.

if she has any type of diabetes (even "pre diabetes") she has no chance with any company.

most companies will not insure anyone who has ever had a stroke, regardless of how far back it was.

assuming she does not have diabetes, she might get approved from mutual of omaha or lifesecure at a substandard rate. She has a chance of getting standard with transamerica.

if she has any type of diabetes (even "pre diabetes") she has no chance with any company.

Duhhhhh, my bad! I just noticed that this was for LTC. I thought it was for Final Expense. I better pay attention. Sorry about that OP.:laugh:

Duhhhhh, my bad! I just noticed that this was for LTC. I thought it was for Final Expense. I better pay attention. Sorry about that OP.:laugh:

That's ok. I am usually on the FE forum too. I knew JH would not do it no matter how far back it was. I was just wondering if another carrier would.

originally posted by munson

Female age 62. She had a mild stroke, not a TIA, 3 years ago. Is there a company that would approve a policy? Thank you.

Transamerica will consider at standard rates as long as it was a Single episode, more than 24 months ago, full recovery, no residuals, no atrial fibrillation or diabetes, no tobacco use and good BP control

Mutual of Omaha will consider at Class 1, as long as it was a Single episode, fully recovered after 2 years, no limitations, no complications, no residuals, tobacco free 12 months, with no other co-morbid medical conditions. .

originally posted by munson

Transamerica will consider at standard rates as long as it was a Single episode, more than 24 months ago, full recovery, no residuals, no atrial fibrillation or diabetes, no tobacco use and good BP control

Mutual of Omaha will consider at Class 1, as long as it was a Single episode, fully recovered after 2 years, no limitations, no complications, no residuals, tobacco free 12 months, with no other co-morbid medical conditions. .

She was told by a friend about Lincoln Moneyguard. What is their ruling on strokes? Thank you.

Back