Humana LTC Offering

Just for grins....as I am a licensed Humana agent and sell lots of their health insurance, I called every agent support number I had to see if anyone could connect me to anyone who knew anything about this LTC pilot plan "launched" in 6 states back in March.

No one had any idea what I was talking about or even knew where to look to find help. Obviously this must be a well guarded internal secret, or maybe the "launch" never quite got off the ground.

Oh well......

Herman,
You represent the company and you don't have a clue????
That pretty much says it all about their committment to the LTC market.

One would think Humana agents would have been bombarded with information.

If I were you (and I'm not) I would call Fred Wheeler Jr., HumanaOne vice president of sales, who's name was listed in the announcement.

And when you have him on the phone, you might as well ask Fred if you and your poodle applied together, would you both be eligible for a Partner Discount?

I asked Humana agent support how to get a hold of Fred(or his dog), and they had no idea how to do that. Makes you wonder a little about Humana in general. I figured that they would at least inquire and get back to me....but all I got was a "must not have launched or they would have heard" comment.

They told me not to believe everything I read on the internet!!!! :D

I hope that does not apply to the Kardashians as well.

Humana Unveils Long-term Policy

Humana offers new long-term care insurance plan

Humana tests new long-term care policy - Business First

This is about all I can find.

It sounds like an interesting product.

I might call Humana on Monday and try to get some info since I am in SC.... it would be interesting if I get a different answer..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OK.

Here is a definitive source... Humana themselves!!

Humana press release (Humana site)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Those interested in learning more about the policy should call Humana at 1-866-206-7159, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday. A Humana representative will be available to answer questions and provide more information about the policy."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back