Humana LTC Offering

"Humana tests new long-term care policy"

Humana Inc. has begun piloting a new long-term care insurance offering, according to a news release.The HumanaOne Independent Care plan differs from other traditional coverage by offering policyholders monthly cash payments, which they can use to pay for care from any source they choose, the release said.​

Funds can be used for their individual needs, such as an aging-assistance concierge, groceries and pet care or reimbursing a neighbor who helps with daily tasks.​

“Humana is committed to answering the demand from today’s baby boomer population looking for independent and peace of mind as they face their health care future,” Fred Wheeler Jr., HumanaOne vice president of sales, said in the release. “With this offering, we’ll be able to offer policyholders the autonomy to make their own choices and the funds they need to achieve the well-being they desire.”​

The plan is being launched in six states: Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Policyholders must receive certification of their chronic condition from a licensed health care provider.​

Humana officials estimate that 70 percent of Americans will need help with care, either at home or in a facility, after age 65.​

They could be about to learn that long term care insurance is not something you jump into and guess your way to profitability. But who knows, maybe we need a new player. There's been plenty leaving the playing field in the past 10 years, but few coming aboard. Kind of shocking that they would jump in, IMO.

'I know....thats all I find too. So what are they offering?"

Herman,
The answer is obvious in this statement:

"Funds can be used for their individual needs, such as an aging-assistance concierge, groceries and pet care or reimbursing a neighbor who helps with daily tasks."

Here's what makes this policy so unique:
Not only is the policyholder covered, but the policholder's pet is covered as well.

I find that to be a very innovative long term care policy and it should do very well.

Just my opinion.............​

Good point and that could be a problem.............

Why would someone buy a stand-alone pet insurance policy when the could purchase a hybrid policy that covers both the human policyholder AND their pet?

This sound like a conversation on a life & ltc combo product and MoneyGuard.

It could very well hurt the pet insurance industry.........

Back