I Heard Genworth is Going to Increase Their Rates Summer or Fall

Re: I Heard Genworth is Going to Increase Their Rates Summer or F

Denial is a powerful emotion isn't it? I'm sure she believes those kind of things happen to other people, not her. I hope she's right for her own sake. All we can do is give her the options, and make sure she understands the consequences of her decisions.

Just got word that the change in new business premiums will be in the fall. So, she will be locked into the current price points.

I just did the unthinkable. I called Genworth.

There is no forthcoming premium increase on "recently" written LTC business. They have filed, not yet approved by the states but filed, for an 18% premium increase on business written between 1994 and 2003.

Refer to post #5.

I just did the unthinkable. I called Genworth.

There is no forthcoming premium increase on "recently" written LTC business. They have filed, not yet approved by the states but filed, for an 18% premium increase on business written between 1994 and 2003.

Refer to post #5.

Dude, everyone in insurance lies. How do we know they didn't lie to you, that you aren't lying to us? Everyone knows you have to rely on internet forums to find out the truth.

Dude, everyone in insurance lies. How do we know they didn't lie to you, that you aren't lying to us? Everyone knows you have to rely on internet forums to find out the truth.

Obviously that make it the second "unthinkable" thing I have done today.

"They have filed, not yet approved by the states but filed, for an 18% premium increase on business written between 1994 and 2003."

Genworth filed for that increase in November, 2010. A NEW product has been filed and when approved, it will be 8% higher than the existing product. No one lied, you're just mixing up your facts.

"I just did the unthinkable. I called Genworth."

And, what's wrong with calling an insurance company for information? I call them all the time and have never had a problem, nor ever had anyone give me bogus information.

Genworth's customer service & claims departments are top of the line and one of the best and easiest to deal with in the industry.

"They have filed, not yet approved by the states but filed, for an 18% premium increase on business written between 1994 and 2003."

Genworth filed for that increase in November, 2010. A NEW product has been filed and when approved, it will be 8% higher than the existing product. No one lied, you're just mixing up your facts.

"I just did the unthinkable. I called Genworth."

And, what's wrong with calling an insurance company for information? I call them all the time and have never had a problem, nor ever had anyone give me bogus information.

Genworth's customer service & claims departments are top of the line and one of the best and easiest to deal with in the industry.

Actually I was told they filed it in October of 2010 but who's counting.

You missed the sarcasm in what I said. It seems that agents will come here and ask a question that is best asked by calling the company. That is if they want accurate information and not just a WAG.

I have always gotten good info from Genworth.

Back