Interview with Bankers Life and Casualty

Hey,

I have a one-on-one interview with Bankers Life tommorow and was wanting to see if anyone has had any experience with this company. I attended the group interview today, and was called back to come in tommorw. Should I believe all the "garbage" that is written about the company on the internet?

Please respond with any useful comments! Thanks

In a word, yes.

Seriously, why not search this forum and see what everyone says about them. Particularly the agents that are still in the business. These are people that are not failures.

You can do much better than Bankers when it comes to Med Supps, LTCi, and Life. There are plenty of people on this forum that are more than willing to train you. Yes, they would like you to contract under them, but that is no different than what Bankers does. The difference is, you can walk away from that relationship at any time, no strings attached. Can you say the same for Bankers?

Yeah, there are quite a few companies out there that are better than Bankers. They have a pretty good marketing ploy going on though.

I believe if an agent wants to sell Med Supps that it is imperative that he/she be an independent agent today. Seniors will only switch their Med Supp policy to another company if they can save money.

They may "fall in love" with the agent and invite the agent for Christmas dinner but if they can't save money they are not going to buy a policy from that agent. You may get a great Christmas dinner though.

If Bankers isn't always one of the top two or three most competitive companies in the state then you are going to have a very tough time making sales. When premiums increase captive agents are left out in the cold.

I have never worked for Bankers but I have replaced a lot of their Med Supps.

I worked for Bankers in my first experience with this industry. It was horrifying. Bankers and NAA are continually battling each other for bottom of the barrel.

Apparently you and Tim did not have the same manager. It truly does all depend on the manager I know someone who has been with Bankers for 20 years now and I know someone who lasted only 20 days. Always depends on the manager and how competitive Bankers is.

I worked for Bankers in my first experience with this industry. It was horrifying. Bankers and NAA are continually battling each other for bottom of the barrel.

Tim, we hadn't heard anything from you in months. Where have you been?

Ask a Bankers Life agent why there is a rider on their LTC policies that doesn't allow a person who owns a portion of a nursing home to make a claim on their LTC policy.

Back