John Hancock Discontinuing LTC Sales

Omaha came out with a statement today,based on recent events, re-affirming their continued commitment to the traditional LTC industry. I did not see it, but it was read to me.

Hopefully it does not mean they will pull the plug next week. :cool:

LTCi is a very profitable business for the LTCi companies that do it right.

You're such "a know it all"... seriously. This is coming from the same guy who couldn't understand Mass would ease up on their LTC sales and stated that a life policy's dividend is only affected by the company's life insurance performance. Than has the nerve to finish his statement with "microeconomics 101."

You probably sit in the mirror and argue with yourself for fun when you have free time...smh

you think i'm bragging because i took a freshman level econ class?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I think you talk faster than you listen and it only makes sense when you say it lol.

you think i'm bragging because i took a freshman level econ class?

Not at all. I think you talk faster than you listen and it only makes sense when you say it lol.[/QUOTE]

can you explain to the readers of this forum what it is that I wrote that was wrong?

There isn't much traffic on this side of the forum and you tend to be a repeat poster so it is not hard to recall what was said here. Not here in this particular thread but in this section of the forum. You look very contradictory.

There isn't much traffic on this side of the forum and you tend to be a repeat poster so it is not hard to recall what was said here. Not here in this particular thread but in this section of the forum. You look very contradictory.

so you're saying that what I said in this thread is correct.

originally posted by ltcadviser

There doesn't appear to be many carriers that have done it right, does it?

Lincoln, State Life, Pacific Life, Nationwide.

My numbers may be off somewhat, but to my recollection in 2002 there were bout 100 carriers selling stand-alone LTC policies.

Today there are less than 20.

BTW, in NY there are only 3 carriers left standing:
Transamerica, MOO & Genworth.

I rest my case.

More bad news for the LTC industry. Less choices and competition is a bad thing, IMO. A shifting towards hybrid products it appears. Not everyone wants or is suitable for hybrids though.

More bad news for the LTC industry. Less choices and competition is a bad thing, IMO. A shifting towards hybrid products it appears. Not everyone wants or is suitable for hybrids though.

If everyone leaves, Genworth will be again!

----------

originally posted by ltcadviser

My numbers may be off somewhat, but to my recollection in 2002 there were bout 100 carriers selling stand-alone LTC policies.

Today there are less than 20.

BTW, in NY there are only 3 carriers left standing:
Transamerica, MOO & Genworth.

I rest my case.

You need to get out of NY, Arthur. None of the good hybrids are there, either!!

Back