Just Another Day at the Office...more used car salesmen

At least you don't have to waste your time face to face.

Had one where the financial planner originally applied and got the person a decline with a company. The financial planner never tried any other companies and was really suprised at the decline. It was obvious to me they should not have applied based on their health with the particular company.

I come along later and apply with another company. Spend many hours, presenting, driving, etc.

I call to get status and find out the person re-applied with the same company with financial planner as the agent.

:twitchy:

Last edited:
So doing the right thing is wasting your time with people who are intentionally, willfully, wasting your time?

they were not intentionally, willfully wasting his time.
they were trying to find the policy that was best for them.

unfortunately, they were not able to discern that the other agent was misrepresenting the mass mutual policy.

Jack did the right thing.
He tried to help them.

It was not a waste of his time.
He did the right thing.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
they were not intentionally, willfully wasting his time.
they were trying to find the policy that was best for them.

unfortunately, they were not able to discern that the other agent was misrepresenting the mass mutual policy.

Jack did the right thing.
He tried to help them.

It was not a waste of his time.
He did the right thing.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That about sums it up.

No more pro bono arbitration though. Judge Jack is retired. PayPal me $1500 and you can receive my opinion. :)

Those who are easily deceived will be deceived. All we can do is tell the truth.

However, Jack, did you ask them WHY the MM policy was bait and switch? Did you ask what the reasoning was that the agent gave them? Often people just do not know what they do not know.

I had this happen a few times in the past where they were told my another agent that there was "no way" they would get the health rating that I quoted them at. I once had a competing agent tell the prospect that MM only gives Preferred Ratings to 1% of applicants and that you have to be an "olympic athlete" (the agents words) to get a Preferred rating. I simply explained to them that there are certain health/build requirements required and that I have had many clients receive a Preferred rating with MM. And that after reviewing their info, I see no reason why they would not receive one of the top 2 health ratings. Then I explained that if they did not get one of those, they could just decline the policy and go with the other carrier (the other agent told them they would be stuck with MM if they applied with them).
Long story short they told the other agent to go take a walk.

Those who are easily deceived will be deceived. All we can do is tell the truth.

However, Jack, did you ask them WHY the MM policy was bait and switch? Did you ask what the reasoning was that the agent gave them? Often people just do not know what they do not know.

I had this happen a few times in the past where they were told my another agent that there was "no way" they would get the health rating that I quoted them at. I once had a competing agent tell the prospect that MM only gives Preferred Ratings to 1% of applicants and that you have to be an "olympic athlete" (the agents words) to get a Preferred rating. I simply explained to them that there are certain health/build requirements required and that I have had many clients receive a Preferred rating with MM. And that after reviewing their info, I see no reason why they would not receive one of the top 2 health ratings. Then I explained that if they did not get one of those, they could just decline the policy and go with the other carrier (the other agent told them they would be stuck with MM if they applied with them).
Long story short they told the other agent to go take a walk.

Yes, Tyler. Did everything you mentioned and even forwarded to them in writing my MM underwriter's response to a detailed preliminary inquiry to allay any concerns that the rates as illustrated were accurate.

I suppose once the Transamerica application was submitted they just did not want to continue to be placed in the middle of 2 agents, one of which they do not personally have to look in the eye (me).

So, it is easier to pay more premium to save face with the local guy; rationalize it, etc.

I told them to just get the MM policy, whether with me or someone else.

Ask the local guy to fill out appointment paperwork with MM and get them the better long term value.

Backstory: They are in the real estate business and lapsed an Allianz policy during the recession.

So, maybe Scott is right. NTO baby.

Back