Juvenile Diabetes

I have a customer, who is looking for some Long-Term Care options. BUT he has had Type 1 Diabetes since the age of 6, aka Juvenile Diabetes.

Does he have any options or is he simply SOL?

We might be able to get him approved if he takes up to 100 units per day... but we need more info.

Just heard from Genworth UW today... NO diabetes unless WELL controlled on Oral Rx only AND No tobacco, within build chart, and No cardio history. Absolutely NO INSULIN.

I never said Genworth. Genworth is probably the toughest company when it comes to any history of diabetes.

There are companies that accept insulin. Most accept up to 50 to 75 units. Some can take up to 100 units in some cases.

retread, listen to these people. They know the way to navigate this case. don't waste your time doing this on your own.

So here is some further information, I know this about a month since I asked the question. BUT....

He currently takes 50 units of Atlantis per day. 25 in the morning and 25 at night. Then also 2-4 units of humanlog during the day depending on what he eats.
his last A1C rating is an 8, it had been a 7 for the past 10 years.

He is currently 54 years old, 5'11" and 198 pounds. He is a farmer and looks physically fit.

So here is some further information, I know this about a month since I asked the question. BUT....

He currently takes 50 units of Atlantis per day. 25 in the morning and 25 at night. Then also 2-4 units of humanlog during the day depending on what he eats.
his last A1C rating is an 8, it had been a 7 for the past 10 years.

He is currently 54 years old, 5'11" and 198 pounds. He is a farmer and looks physically fit.

Transamerica, Prudential, or American General are your best bets.

Mutual of Omaha.

Bill,

Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha won't insure this gentleman because he's taking over 50 units of insulin per day:

50 units of Lantus AND
2 to 4 units of Humalog per day.

Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha's maximum is 50 units of insulin per day.

sao

Back