LTC Group Forms Short-term Care Division

I saw Jesse's other article on the subject include the following sentence:

We are appointing LTC producers with three leading STC insurers (Aetna, Medico and Kemper).

I think many of us agreed that Kemper has no place in the discussion of LTC coverage...short or not........ Medico is ok, maybe GTL, but I prefer MedAmerica Transitions with their pool of money approach if this fits at all. I have not heard the Aetna name mentioned anywhere in the STC circles.....so not sure what product is being referred to here other than their nursing home/hospital stay indemnity product , which pays for no LTC services that I recall.

True STC plans may work when UW is a problem...or something is better than nothing approach.....but that is about it.

There are short term recovery products that can be sold to low income Medicare advantage members who are trying to minimize their MOOP, or high deductible pre-65 ACA plans...and they reimburse for essentially skilled medical care only. Then there are "real" Short term long term care plans that offer payment for traditional LTC services, but on a shorter duration basis...like Medico (Recover Cash), GTL, MA Transitions, etc. Seems like two different markets....and easy to confuse.

Any of the these options are generally for a different client than the traditional LTC insurance seeker...but I am sure that someone is selling a lot of it to someone.

Last edited:
I want to bump this thread. I have a client declined for LTC due to insulin usage being way above 50 units a day. Cant afford hybrid.

Anyone selling these plans and can list carriers or the best carrier? Right now Im looking at Aetna.

I want to bump this thread. I have a client declined for LTC due to insulin usage being way above 50 units a day. Cant afford hybrid.

Anyone selling these plans and can list carriers or the best carrier? Right now Im looking at Aetna.

Aetna won't take him if you are referring to the Recovery care plan. Its a nice little plan with about $160,000 max of potential pool, plus restoration of benefits option....but they care about insulin usage

Suggest you find another client...or sell them an annuity with a LTC doubler

Back