LTC Industry Statistics

· 2013 Industry sales were down 26.5 percent from 2012 in terms of premium and 22.9 percent in terms of the number of lives insured with individual policies.”

· “The average premium per new sale dropped from $2,424 to $2,311, a surprising change of direction, recognizing that prices are increasing.”

· “Worksite sales also dropped (28.6 percent less new premium; 6.4 percent fewer policies), partly because some insurers discontinued worksite sales or restricted underwriting concessions and price discounts.”

· “Affinity sales increased, with 27.4 percent more premium and 26.3 percent more policies than in 2012.”

· 2013 Industry sales were down 26.5 percent from 2012 in terms of premium and 22.9 percent in terms of the number of lives insured with individual policies.”

· “The average premium per new sale dropped from $2,424 to $2,311, a surprising change of direction, recognizing that prices are increasing.”

· “Worksite sales also dropped (28.6 percent less new premium; 6.4 percent fewer policies), partly because some insurers discontinued worksite sales or restricted underwriting concessions and price discounts.”

· “Affinity sales increased, with 27.4 percent more premium and 26.3 percent more policies than in 2012.”

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

previously posted by Mr_Ed

What's the matter Scott?
Does the state of the LTC industry bore you?
Maybe you're in denial?

I just think those studies are such a waste of time.
who cares what the "average" person buys.
I'm not average.
my clients are not average.

previously posted by Mr_Ed

I just think those studies are such a waste of time.
who cares what the "average" person buys.
I'm not average. my clients are not average.

This not about you or your clients. It's about the state of the industry.

* 2013 Industry sales were down 26.5 percent from 2012 in terms of premium and 22.9 percent in terms of the number of lives insured with individual policies.”

Back