LTC Vs HHC

Iowa77

Expert
Iowa
I know very little about this subject. But, I assume LTC covers nursing home and HHC doesn't? Also, medicare can cover a home nurse. What does home health care insurance include in its coverage, that medicare doesn't? Thanks.

Also, medicare can cover a home nurse. What does home health care insurance include in its coverage, that medicare doesn't? Thanks.

Custodial care. Assistance provided to a person in performing the basic daily necessities of life, such as dressing, eating, using a toilet, walking, bathing, and getting in and out of bed.

Custodial care. Assistance provided to a person in performing the basic daily necessities of life, such as dressing, eating, using a toilet, walking, bathing, and getting in and out of bed.

Could you give me more information on this? Its my understanding that medicare dosn't cover those things. LTC and HHC do? What are the major differences in Long Term Care and Home Health Care? Are there a lot of companies selling the Home Health Care insurance? Thanks.

Could you give me more information on this? Its my understanding that medicare dosn't cover those things. LTC and HHC do? What are the major differences in Long Term Care and Home Health Care? Are there a lot of companies selling the Home Health Care insurance? Thanks.

LTC covers you in the nursing home, and can have the HHC added to it.

HHC covers you at home for nurses, CNA's and care givers to fix meals, clean house, bathe, etc.

Both can be sold together or separately, but not many companies offer stand alone HHC.

LTC covers you in the nursing home, and can have the HHC added to it.

HHC covers you at home for nurses, CNA's and care givers to fix meals, clean house, bathe, etc.

Both can be sold together or separately, but not many companies offer stand alone HHC.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it. I was trying to learn more about LTC, and I ran into the HHC and it threw me.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it. I was trying to learn more about LTC, and I ran into the HHC and it threw me.

No problem. Also, HHC allows a person to live in the comfort of their own home and stay out of the nursing home for as long as possible in many cases.

Who are some of the carriers that offer HHC? I read about Kemper.

I don't know, don't pay much attention to LTC anymore. LTCi has gotten so expensive and they're all raising premiums, so I stopped selling it a few years ago. I'm selling Short Term Nursing Home insurance now. Kemper's is a very limited HHC policy.

Back