LTCi for Client with Depression

Originally posted by Ocho

Anybody had any luck getting someone insured? I think I have a pretty good case. Stable, full time job, non smoker, no suicide thoughts or attempts. Only been diagnosed with depression.

All depressions are not the same.
Abilify is an anti-psychotic medication used to treat conditions such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and manic depression.

For most LTC carriers anyone taking this med is an automatic decline, regardless of how well her depression is controlled. You need to contact all companies and speak with an underwriter.

Don't hold out too much hope, this case may never get off the ground.

Originally posted by Ocho

All depressions are not the same.
Abilify is an anti-psychotic medication used to treat conditions such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and manic depression.

For most LTC carriers anyone taking this med is an automatic decline, regardless of how well her depression is controlled. You need to contact all companies and speak with an underwriter.

Don't hold out too much hope, this case may never get off the ground.

Thank you for your replies in this thread Arthur!

originally posted by ltcadviser

Going on memory, I believe Genworth might consider Abilify on a traditional policy.

Jack,
In the past, Genworth would not insure anyone with a dx of bi-polar disorder.

Back in March, they came up with new "enhancements" to their u/w guide, which offers counter-offers on medical conditions that were previously uninsurable.

Bi-Polar is now a condition eligible for a counter offer.
The offer is:
1) Daily benefit of $100/day
2) Benefit period max of 2 years
3) 180 day service day elimination period
4) No inflation rider allowed
5) No waiver of premium for home & community allowed

Obviously that assumes her depression is stable and there are no other major health conditions involved. That also assumes that her actual diagnosis is
bi-polar.

Schizophrenia and/or manic depression may not be insurable at all.

Is the counter offer better than no offer?
I'm not sure.................

originally posted by ltcadviser

Jack,
In the past, Genworth would not insure anyone with a dx of bi-polar disorder.

Back in March, they came up with new "enhancements" to their u/w guide, which offers counter-offers on medical conditions that were previously uninsurable.

Bi-Polar is now a condition eligible for a counter offer.
The offer is:
1) Daily benefit of $100/day
2) Benefit period max of 2 years
3) 180 day service day elimination period
4) No inflation rider allowed
5) No waiver of premium for home & community allowed

Obviously that assumes her depression is stable and there are no other major health conditions involved. That also assumes that her actual diagnosis is
bi-polar.

Schizophrenia and/or manic depression may not be insurable at all.

Is the counter offer better than no offer?
I'm not sure.................

Here's what LifeSecure offered on their group policy:

. If the client is taking less than 10mg (meaning 9mg or less) then the is potentially eligible for this product with a maximum benefit bank of $100,000 at 2% monthly (up to $2,000/mo.)

With the tax rules and 30% spousal discount, it's actually cheaper to insure the both of them vs. just the the husband.

i didn't try it, i ussualy use etizolam in these cases. I have a stressful job and going home its always like a holiday. When I'm home, in the evening I walk with the dogs and this is the thing that relaxes me the most. The two days that I spend home are sometimes enough to charge with energy for the next two weeks but not always. I had days when I wanted to kill someone, when my brain is boiling and it
suggests me to kill someone or just to punch him in the face. These days are not productive, I just sit and think about how I beat my
colleagues. For thesedays I bought a few packs of Etizolam from a store which treas, which treats mental disorders. After one pill I'm able to concentrate on my work and get along with the colleagues. And that's how I survive from one week to another nowadays.

Trusted Etizolam Vendor- Etizolam 2mg - World Pharm 365

Last edited:
Back