Mga

munson

Expert
I am looking to get appointed with some LTC carriers and need a recommendation for an MGA. I am in south Florida. Thank you.

Ignorance Excused.

An MGA is your active Upline for these carriers.

Most LTC carriers distribute their product through MGAs (Managing General Agents) which contract sub-agents to sell the product.

Thank you. I learn a little bit each time I visit this site.

Why would I need Mass Mutual the most?

If you wish to offer your clients the best valued policy from an A++ rated mutual company that has never raised premiums one cent on active in-force business in any State you will want Mass Mutual.

Otherwise, write policies through other carriers.

Clients do care about financials. If the same benefits cost the same premium with Mass Mutual, Omaha, Genworth and Transamerica and you give the client the ratings and the rate increase history Mass Mutual will be the logical choice. And if you do not even give the client the option with a company like Mass Mutual you run the risk of another agent doing so and losing the client altogether.

Last edited:
If you wish to offer your clients the best valued policy from an A++ rated mutual company that has never raised premiums one cent on active in-force business in any State you will want Mass Mutual.

Otherwise, write policies through other carriers.

Clients do care about financials. If the same benefits cost the same premium with Mass Mutual, Omaha, Genworth and Transamerica and you give the client the ratings and the rate increase history Mass Mutual will be the logical choice. And if you do not even give the client the option with a company like Mass Mutual you run the risk of another agent doing so and losing the client altogether.

In a situations in which there are comparable premiums I agree. Far more often than not, this is not the case and MassMutual is considerably higher. Stating anyone needs them the most is overstating the situation completely.

In a situations in which there are comparable premiums I agree. Far more often than not, this is not the case and MassMutual is considerably higher. Stating anyone needs them the most is overstating the situation completely.

Considerably higher premiums? Huh? What? Mass Mutual's premiums are not comparable with the rest of the street today? Go run rates in Florida. And then go read the Personal Worksheet disclosure of rate increase history for every policy series available in Florida. Then get back to me.

My statement was not over stated. Far from it.

It is important to look after your client's best interest. There is no reason to not write Mass Mutual right now. For couples MM's rates are the same or better than Omaha Genworth Transamerica etc. For women, of course, MM's rates are better than every single carrier except possibly MedAmerica. And we know the ratings comparison there.

Last edited:
Back