Marketing LTCI Opinion.

billberry12

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a list of 3200 names of people within 50 miles of my home that are between 50 and 65, own a home, and make over $50,000 a year, with phone numbers (supposedly checked against the DNC list, but I can re-check).

My plan is to mail a personal letter introducing myself as a local agent, and have a few bullets about long term care insurance and tell them in the letter that I will call them within the week. Then follow up each letter with a phone call. About 100 letters a week and 100 phone calls the next week.

The question is this. Is this a total waste of time and money, or do you feel that I might actually get a few sales out of it. Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

It's a plan!

No it's not a waste of time and you can expect to receive about 1% interest. 3,200 mailings, you'll wind up having a conversation with about 30.

5 will be uninsurable, 15 won't be able to afford premiums and you might get an appointment with the balance and wind up selling 30%-40%.

Sounds like no big deal, but make 3 sales, which could be 4-5 apps and it would surely pay for your costs & efforts.

However, there's a more cost efficient way to go about it.

PM me or give me a call and I'll share my thoughts with you.

I would suggest offering some kind of valuable content in exchange for them putting a reply card back in the mail or calling your directly.

At LTC Financial Partners, we have great success in offing a free book, which is basically a guide to LTC for the consumer.

Then you can focus your calls and followups with the leads that are actually interested.

At LTC Financial Partners, we have great success in offing a free book, which is basically a guide to LTC for the consumer.

Good idea.............
I usually send an envelope with the keys to a new Lexus for everyone who responds to my mailings.
It seems to work very well.

Obviously my marketing costs are pretty high but at the end of the day I get almost a 100% response rate from my mailings.

You might want to suggest that to your Partners.

Hey, no need to thank me for my suggestion, that's what friends are for.

I got the list. 4.5 cents per name. 3200 names. Loaded into my CRM program. Now,,,over the weekend,,,I need to figure out a plan to get the most out of this for the least. Suggestions???:err:

Good idea.............
I usually send an envelope with the keys to a new Lexus for everyone who responds to my mailings.
It seems to work very well.

I have to admit that Arthur gave me this idea about 6 months ago. Because I'm in Southern California, I had to use the offer of a new Prius, but I get a terrific response from the tree hugging liberals in my area.

Thanks Arthur!

Rick

I have to admit that Arthur gave me this idea about 6 months ago. Because I'm in Southern California, I had to use the offer of a new Prius, but I get a terrific response from the tree hugging liberals in my area.

Thanks Arthur!

Rick

I knew you were low, but un-American too? A Prius and not a Chevy Volt. I'm going to report you to Sam!

"I have to admit that Arthur gave me this idea about 6 months ago. Because I'm in Southern California, I had to use the offer of a new Prius, but I get a terrific response from the tree hugging liberals in my area".

Hey Rick,
Stop joking around and be serious. I'm trying to help a fellow-agent with some legitimate marketing ideas and all you do is make fun.

Not nice..............

Chevy Volt?
I may try that on my next mailing. Thanks for the suggestion.

You see Rick, unlike you, there are some here who take me seriously.

"I have to admit that Arthur gave me this idea about 6 months ago. Because I'm in Southern California, I had to use the offer of a new Prius, but I get a terrific response from the tree hugging liberals in my area".

Hey Rick,
Stop joking around and be serious. I'm trying to help a fellow-agent with some legitimate marketing ideas and all you do is make fun.

Not nice..............

Chevy Volt?
I may try that on my next mailing. Thanks for the suggestion.

You see Rick, unlike you, there are some here who take me seriously.

Its obviously Rick is full of it. After all, tree-hugging hippies don't buy insurance anyway. They expect the government to do it.

To find buyers, I recommend a H2 for every returned lead card. That'll find you some real buyers. Or even better, see if you can find some low-mileage Ford Excursions.

Another way to go might be to have an educational seminar, and use that list to invite attendees along with your existing client. It doesn't have to be costly. Many places have free meeting space, especially Assisted Living Facilities which are a great marketing tool - Do you want to be here? You need to pay for it, Medicare & Medicaid don't.

Back