Mutual of Omaha Joins The Party

When you can't refute logic, just pretend it's not there, resort to ad hominem, and add a laughing face. Brilliant!

Here let me give it a try:

The fact is that spending 50% less for a policy right now, with a company with a history of raising rates, is essentially buying a policy with a premium to lure you in! You've bought an unknown rate increase from day one.... which is totally dumb.

Hi Mr. Kettle, I am Mr. Pot.

Both these statements have no fact behind them. I think everyone can agree with me on this one.

Here let me give it a try:

The fact is that spending 50% less for a policy right now, with a company with a history of raising rates, is essentially buying a policy with a premium to lure you in! You've bought an unknown rate increase from day one.... which is totally dumb.

Hi Mr. Kettle, I am Mr. Pot.

Both these statements have no fact behind them. I think everyone can agree with me on this one.

Please, in what world does that make sense? I know I can pay 50% more now, probably not have any rate increases and possibly get some money back in later years. OR I can pay 50% less now and almost certainly have rate increases later on.

But really, your wholesaler or GA needs to work on his lines. The Mass wholesalers had a really good one to justify the higher premium now and potential dividends later. Could play well with the pre-retiree.

It's fun watching a bunch of grown men sitting here and playing with themselves.

Don't you guys think that the point (whatever it is) has been made 10 times over?

Can't you agree to disagree? Chuckles is not leaving NWM and going independent and Scott is not joining NWM to become a captive agent.

And............ The world is ending today (6:00 PM, NY time) so lets all be friends in our final hours.

:laugh:

Please, in what world does that make sense? I know I can pay 50% more now, probably not have any rate increases and possibly get some money back in later years. OR I can pay 50% less now and almost certainly have rate increases later on.

But really, your wholesaler or GA needs to work on his lines. The Mass wholesalers had a really good one to justify the higher premium now and potential dividends later. Could play well with the pre-retiree.

Great point, Vol. And, that's the problem.

I'm sure that when chuckles goes and buys a car, he buys from the dealer that charges 50% more than the other dealers. But, that dealer says he might give some of it back 5 years later. So, that's why he buys from that dealer.

Of course, the dealer won't give all 50% back. But, he may give some of it back. In fact, for all previous customers who have bought from him, he has given some of it back after 5 years. So, since he has such a great track record of giving some of the money back, it makes perfect sense to spend the extra 50%.

That makes sense, right?

:swoon:

nadm

Last edited:
What is the Market share for NWM?

Sounds like their niche is offering to their own policyholders who don't balk at the cost. They also don't want to have a rate increase as this might upset policyholders and don't want to risk hurting other lines of business?

I think this has been a good discussion by the way!

Last edited:

????? Did you not realize what I was doing there. I was making a ridiculous statement on purpose (did you not realize I copied his and just switched it around). Hence my last line of the post stating there is no fact behind either his or my ridiculous post. My goodness, I can't believe you thought I actually meant that paragraph.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That makes sense, right?

nadm

No this doesn't make any sense at all. How is buying a car anything like buying LTCi.

Last edited:
????? Did you not realize what I was doing there. I was making a ridiculous statement on purpose (did you not realize I copied his and just switched it around). Hence my last line of the post stating there is no fact behind either his or my ridiculous post. My goodness, I can't believe you thought I actually meant that paragraph.

But you're doing it. I was once a captive agent with Mass. And Mass is more accepting of outside business than NWM. It is once thing to sell on the strength of Mass or NWM about why someone should pay 10-20% more. But 50% more for identical coverage? That is insane. Mass and NWM are strong companies, and it is worth paying a premium for their policies, but not 50% or even 33% more.

Didn't MM just get downgraded to A+ recently?

I thought they were AA-? I haven't kept up. I never said they were as strong as NWM, but they are a strong company, and they too plan to pay dividends on their LTCi. But they definitely don't justify more than 10-20% more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No this doesn't make any sense at all. How is buying a car anything like buying LTCi.

It's bizarro world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back