Mutual of Omaha Joins The Party

I know you are referring to a permanent plan. West Coast Life, for example, has an excellent option as you describe with accelerating the death benefit (cash) for a LTC need in their NLGUL plan

Definite market for it...and the underwriting is of course life underwriting more than LTC underwriting......which can help in many situations...or hurt in others. Their life plan with the LTC rider is little more in premium than a good standalone life plan....unlike a MoneyGuard or TLC type of product which is really just an overpriced life plan.

I plan to use it for clients really needing cost effective life insurance plus LTC coverage.,.....and when they only want to make a monthly/annual premium payment.

The more options you have to present to a client, the more sales you will make. (unless of course you confuse the crap out of them)

Actually I was referring to TERM not UL policies. AGLA and WRL have term life policies that have living benefits - like LTC (chronic care), CI, terminal illness, and DB.

I do agree that a perm policy is better - but there are those that like was stated earlier - are in total denial that they will not need it beyond age 70 or 80.

Actually I was referring to TERM not UL policies. AGLA and WRL have term life policies that have living benefits - like LTC (chronic care), CI, terminal illness, and DB.

I do agree that a perm policy is better - but there are those that like was stated earlier - are in total denial that they will not need it beyond age 70 or 80.

Yes there are plenty in denial, but this might be a good reason for them to consider it.... the need for LTC doesnt really begin until 70 or so usually

Yes there are plenty in denial, but this might be a good reason for them to consider it.... the need for LTC doesnt really begin until 70 or so usually

Since most people don't die until their 80's, does that mean that everyone should wait until their 70's to buy LIFE INSURANCE?

Since most people don't die until their 80's, does that mean that everyone should wait until their 70's to buy LIFE INSURANCE?

If thats what you took from that then your reading comprehension really is piss poor.

I was referring to the flaw in using term in his potential solution instead of WL, and the fact that people who usually only buy term might be convinced to buy WL if it helped to hedge LTC risk.

Any *** knows not to wait until you need insurance to buy it..... in the words of a very wise poster in the LTC forum... gimmeabreak.... do you have to just argue with everything I say..

Last edited:
If thats what you took from that then your reading comprehension really is piss poor.

I was referring to the flaw in using term in his potential solution instead of WL, and the fact that people who usually only buy term might be convinced to buy WL if it helped to hedge LTC risk.

Any *** knows not to wait until you need insurance to buy it..... in the words of a very wise poster in the LTC forum... gimmeabreak.... do you have to just argue with everything I say..

Try writing clearly.

I am glad to be able to represent Northwestern Mutual's product that has not only not had any rate increases, but is actually paying back a dividend on its eligible inforce LTC policies.

I am glad to be able to represent Northwestern Mutual's product that has not only not had any rate increases, but is actually paying back a dividend on its eligible inforce LTC policies.

Does it make more sense to buy:

an LTCi policy for $2,000 per year that has a 20% rate increase 10 years later

OR

a comparable policy that costs $3,000 per year and, after 10 years, starts to pay a 1% dividend?

Back