Nationwide-Care Matters

originally posted by yankee466

What I do not know about them is their UW process. MG is just phone interview, PacLife I believe pulls APS. Sometime you have to go with the one most likely to make an offer. Likely Jack can answer this. Else, you really have to like cash to choose this product.

I was told that they do a 1 hour PHI and go for an MIB/Rx report. There are 2 or 3 rate classes.

From app to issue is 2 weeks or less.

When compared to a one time premium, The One America products just stand way out. Have a case I net with lawyers today and they agreed as well. Just not enough bang for the buck. Are there any indemnity straight LTC poilicies anymore. I remember long ago Pru was.

When compared to a one time premium, The One America products just stand way out. Have a case I net with lawyers today and they agreed as well. Just not enough bang for the buck. Are there any indemnity straight LTC poilicies anymore. I remember long ago Pru was.

I never thought it was worth spending more $ for indemnity vs. reimbursement, especially since indemnity was usually priced MUCH higher than reimbursement.

Only indemnity available today are paid as percentages of monthly benefit:

50% (LifeSecure)
40% (Mutual of Omaha)
33% (Transamerica)

Indemnity was only priced 10% higher by Met Life circa 2002-2005.

not the cash product. The cash product was priced about 25% more.
The policy that cost only 10% more was the "value" policy with the indemnity rider. But the indemnity rider still required the insured to incur paid services from a home care provider each day in order to receive the full daily benefit.

Back