Nationwide International Coverage Question

Anyone know off hand if Nationwide....as an indemnity plan.....covers anything better internationally than the LABR coverage of a MG or PacLife. Trying to find out mainly options for HHC etc. If anyone know of any other product options for someone potentially returning to India and does not want LTC benefits to be watered down too badly. I miss MedAmerica for international options.

I don't have any Nationwide Documents handy.

Thanks

update...never mind......found the reference in the illustration I ran. Still limited to a % of LABR

Last edited:
Mutual of Omaha has the best international benefit right now for traditional LTCi.

As far as NW CareMatters:
International benefits: If the insured lives out of the country during the benefit period, the policy will pay 50% of the maximum monthly benefit amount of the LTC acceleration rider and 50% of any LTC inflation protection rider. No international benefits are available under the LTC Extended Benefit rider.◦The maximum lifetime benefit is not reduced, but it will extend the period that the maximum lifetime benefit is paid out.
◦If the insured returns to the U.S., the amount available each month will return to 100% of the maximum monthly benefit.
◦Extension of benefits availability will resume if the insured returns to the U.S. and the maximum lifetime benefit amount is not exhausted.

Mutual of Omaha has the best international benefit right now for traditional LTCi.

As far as NW CareMatters:
International benefits: If the insured lives out of the country during the benefit period, the policy will pay 50% of the maximum monthly benefit amount of the LTC acceleration rider and 50% of any LTC inflation protection rider. No international benefits are available under the LTC Extended Benefit rider.◦The maximum lifetime benefit is not reduced, but it will extend the period that the maximum lifetime benefit is paid out.
◦If the insured returns to the U.S., the amount available each month will return to 100% of the maximum monthly benefit.
◦Extension of benefits availability will resume if the insured returns to the U.S. and the maximum lifetime benefit amount is not exhausted.

Thanks for the response.

Anyone know off hand if Nationwide....as an indemnity plan.....covers anything better internationally than the LABR coverage of a MG or PacLife. Trying to find out mainly options for HHC etc. If anyone know of any other product options for someone potentially returning to India and does not want LTC benefits to be watered down too badly. I miss MedAmerica for international options.

I don't have any Nationwide Documents handy.

Thanks

update...never mind......found the reference in the illustration I ran. Still limited to a % of LABR

Minnesota Life Secure Care is traditional indemnity and it pays 50% of monthly benefit for entire pool of money.

Back