Need Some Help with a Customer who Wantgs LTCI.

Bozo the Clown

Figi
I was contacted by the daughter of a lady who's mother is 79 with declining health. She is living at home by herself. Needs no help with ADL's, no memory loss. But, she had surgery 2 years ago to remove a non-cancerous spot on her brain. Biopsy was negative. The procedure left her with a speech impairment, not that bad though, which makes communicating with her challenging at times. She had 2 very successful careers in her prime, as a registered nurse and a college professor teaching nursing at University of Miami. Two Master's degrees under her belt. Her daughter is concerned that one day she will not be able live alone anymore and wants to be ready. Daughter is most interested in home health care, not confined care or assisted living.

I have very little exposure to LTC. ANY HELP OUT THERE????

I was contacted by the daughter of a lady who's mother is 79 with declining health. She is living at home by herself. Needs no help with ADL's, no memory loss. But, she had surgery 2 years ago to remove a non-cancerous spot on her brain. Biopsy was negative. The procedure left her with a speech impairment, not that bad though, which makes communicating with her challenging at times. She had 2 very successful careers in her prime, as a registered nurse and a college professor teaching nursing at University of Miami. Two Master's degrees under her belt. Her daughter is concerned that one day she will not be able live alone anymore and wants to be ready. Daughter is most interested in home health care, not confined care or assisted living.

Here's the guy you need to talk to.
Insurance Forum - View Profile: Mattschmidt :)

My name isn't Bozo, it's Bozo the Clown. Get it right please or I won't talk to you. My wife had a bad experience with him concerning insurance information. That's all. Other than that he is an Ok guy.:D

----------

My name isn't Bozo, it's Bozo the Clown. Get it right please or I won't talk to you. My wife had a bad experience with him concerning insurance information. That's all. Other than that he is an Ok guy.:D

I hear he sleeps around every night of the week. He is my idle.:D

----------

I hear he sleeps around every night of the week. He is my idle.:D

Mr. Bozo the Clown, I hate to correct you...you being a clown and all, but Matt is your IDOL...not idle. :yes:

The 79-year old mother is uninsurable.
She will have to use her savings and income to pay for her home healthcare until she qualifies for Medicaid.

She probably can get the Kemper Home Health Care Indemnity policy. Might be better than nothing. There may also be a couple of other short term care-type of options once she goes past two years from the time of surgery.

She probably can get the Kemper Home Health Care Indemnity policy. Might be better than nothing. There may also be a couple of other short term care-type of options once she goes past two years from the time of surgery.

a policy that pays 60 days of benefits for a home health aide is, essentially, worthless.

selling her a policy that is worthless doesn't help her--it just gives her another chance to put her head in the ground and not make the tough choices.

they need to face the facts that she is going to need to use her own income and assets to pay for the care and they need to start planning for that now.

The value of the policy is up to the client to decide. There are other benefits there that may be useful, sure they stated they are most interested in home health care but you need to give them whatever options are available to them and give them the full scope of coverage. Sucks that their options are limited but that's what happens when you wait too long to plan. Medicaid...here we come!

Back