For New York Which Carrier Pure Shared Care Rider

By that I mean no residual money's left.

Thanks!

Carriers that offer shared care riders in NY with no residual benefits left over are Genworth, Transamerica, John Hancock. Mass Mutual and NY Life offer 3rd Pool of Money designs (not really priced efficiently). Mutual of Omaha holds back 12 month benefit period for partner not on claim. MedAmerica offers extended shared benefit pool of 2 years or 3 years.

So, to answer your question, only Omaha actually holds back benefits.

originally posted by ltcadviser

Carriers that offer shared care riders in NY with no residual benefits left over are Genworth, Transamerica, John Hancock. Mass Mutual and NY Life offer 3rd Pool of Money designs (not really priced efficiently). Mutual of Omaha holds back 12 month benefit period for partner not on claim. MedAmerica offers extended shared benefit pool of 2 years or 3 years.
So, to answer your question, only Omaha actually holds back benefits.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Genworth is the only carrier to offer a true Shared Care Policy.

Other carriers offer a policy with a Shared Care Rider.

Also with Genworth, once the second policyholder's benefits are exhausted, Genworth will automatically offer the second policyholder a "restored" policy equal to 50% of their original benefit. No other carrier offers this feature.

originally posted by ltcadviser

I may be wrong, but I believe that Genworth is the only carrier to offer a true Shared Care Policy.

Other carriers offer a policy with a Shared Care Rider.

Also with Genworth, once the second policyholder's benefits are exhausted, Genworth will automatically offer the second policyholder a "restored" policy equal to 50% of their original benefit. No other carrier offers this feature.

Yes, I think you are wrong. Genworth moved away from a single shared policy to individual policies with shared coverage rider when Privileged Choice was retired and PC Flex was introduced. Just a case of semantics though.

Back