NML Vs. Mass Mutual Long Term Care

DRJCBPA

Expert
Can someone help out here? I only chose those two because those are the companies I am considering. Thank you.

Can someone help out here? I only chose those two because those are the companies I am considering. Thank you.

If you're dealing with someone with serious health problems, then the NW policy will have the edge, because they charge everyone the same rate regardless of health history.

If you're dealing with someone with great health, MM will have the edge because they offer very large preferred health discounts.

I don't know what state you are in, but I believe that the MM policy is a Partnership-Qualified Policy in most states, even in 2 of the four original partnership states (IN and CT).

In terms of the number of policyholders and the amount of experience in this segment of the insurance industry, MM has the edge as well.

First, be sure to check the exclusions and limitations because MassMutual does NOT exclude many risks that most other carriers do. I am surprised to read the NML has only one class of risk for ltci - MM has a total of 5 classes; and, yes MM has a larger sales force so it is fair to extrapolate that sale of policies will be greater therfore creating a bigger risk pool.

I am certified to teach ltci and prefer MM; plus, MM's life insurance is a much better buy and always recommend MM first but they do underwrite so can always call and ask how you are viewed by their underwritiers before you apply.

Good luck.

Back