NYL LTC Select Premier Rates Seem Low?

dgoldenz

Virginia
Had a quote request today from 50 year old female in SD for $200/day or $6k/month benefit with 5% compound inflation, 90-day EP, and unlimited benefit. Preferred health, not married (lives with fiancee). Lowest rate I could find was about $4200 with Genworth, but she says she has a quote from NYL for $2800 for the same thing, which seems way too low...has anyone come across the NYL product before that can offer some comments? Trying to get a copy of the illustration, but would also like to know what I'm dealing with. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Had a quote request today from 50 year old female in SD for $200/day or $6k/month benefit with 5% compound inflation, 90-day EP, and unlimited benefit. Preferred health, not married (lives with fiancee). Lowest rate I could find was about $4200 with Genworth, but she says she has a quote from NYL for $2800 for the same thing, which seems way too low...has anyone come across the NYL product before that can offer some comments? Trying to get a copy of the illustration, but would also like to know what I'm dealing with. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

The inflation benefit that is probably included in the NYL illustration is an inflation benefit that causes the premium to go up 5% each year as the daily benefit grows by 5% each year.

Have her give you the quote or the outline of coverage. When you read the quote and the outline of coverage, it will sound a lot like a traditional 5% compound inflation benefit, but, when you dig a little deeper, you'll see that the premium will increase along with the Daily Benefit each year.

It's possible the NYL quote is 5% simple or 3% compound... those IB's come the closest to a $2,800 annual premium.

There's no way she was quoted a normal 5% compound for a 2,800 premium.

Last edited:
Some NYL LTC policies have an inflation offer instead of an automatic increase. The premium would increase with each offer the insured elected to take. Basically a purchase option.

They also offer a couple different CPI options..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Some NYL LTC policies have an inflation offer rider.. is more of a purchase option.

But, in general, their policies are priced really well. They have a couple different CPI options too

Last edited:
Back