Pennn Treaty May Survive

Interesting.........
I'm not sure what this means and the effect (if any) it will have on the industry.

This is BIG news and I'm sure we'll hear more shortly.

And, at the end of the day, if they do survive and resurface as a revamped company, what agent in their right mind would sell a policy from them?

Last edited:
Interesting.........
I'm not sure what this means and the effect (if any) it will have on the industry.

This is BIG news and I'm sure we'll hear more shortly.

And, at the end of the day, if they do survive and resurface as a revamped company, what agent in their right mind would sell a policy from them?

Well, there are a bunch of us selling FE for a company that was forced into receivership and then came out of it by being sold to NGL.. They are now Best Rated.. A- and are a great company to deal with.

the court's message was to the regulators, not the insurer. The message was:
RAISE THE PREMIUMS OF THE IN-FORCE POLICYHOLDERS

Which is a horrible precedent. Future rate increase requests may now be approved automatically, regardless of the amount of the increase asked for.

In the past, state regulators could look at the request of an 80% increase and either approve, deny or approve at a reduced rate. If they now approved at the amount requested, premiums will spiral out of control and be unaffordable for every policyholder.

This story is far from over.........

Back