Selling the AARP LTC Policy

Trent

I sell a few AARP Medicare supplements and wanted to offer the LTC policy that AARP endorses through Genworth.

Who would I call to be appointed and can independent agents be appointed to offer the AARP endorsed plan?

Trent,

You cannot be appointed to sell the actual AARP endorsed LTCi policy (which is underwritten by Genworth). It is a group policy which is sold by employees of Genworth.

However, in most cases, the individual policies that are offered by Genworth (for sale by independent agents) have lower premiums than the AARP-endorsed version of the Genworth policy.

In fact, I've found on several occassions that the AARP-endorsed version of the Genworth policy was priced about 25% to 35% higher than the non-AARP endorsed version of the Genworth policy.

I sell a few AARP Medicare supplements and wanted to offer the LTC policy that AARP endorses through Genworth.

Who would I call to be appointed and can independent agents be appointed to offer the AARP endorsed plan?

There are much better LTC policies to sell. Look at John Hancock and MetLife as two good ones.

In my state the AARP policy through Genworth doesn't even meet the minimum requirements to be state partnership qualified.

Seniors are becomming more and more aware that AARP's "endorsement" is worthless and often expensive.

...and we all love you arnguy.

Hey Rick -- what's the new product you're going to market this year?

Back